poker coaching?

R

Red_Devil

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys. I am currently looking for a poker coach to improve my game. I mainly play micro and low stakes tournaments on pokerstars and £10-50 tournaments live. I live in Manchester UK, so anyone who's local would be great. If not I don't mind Skype or whatever. I would love to hear from any winning players who could help me with my game. Any recommendations would also be great.

Thanks

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you want to improve fast training sites are your best bet.

If bankroll is an issue then i highly reccomend pokerclerk.com only $15 per month to signup and theres a bunch of content there related to mtts and sngs of all kinds. Others i would reccomend is dragthebar.com for sng content.

not sure what others are good for MTT content.

Post hands in the forum here that give you trouble, that will also help you a lot.

fubarcdn

fubarcdn

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you join the Poker School Online there are free live training sessions 2-3 times a week that cover a lot of different situations. You can access it through the poker stars lobby at the top. There is also a league that goes with it and one of the trainers is in England so you could send him a message at PSO and he may be able to hook you up with someone or he may also give private lessons.
His name is ChewMe1 at Pstars. They also have an archive of training videos and the best thing is it is all free and the PSO league even has leaderboard prizes. Another way Poker Stars is trying to build a base of winning players.
Disclaimer--I am not getting paid by Poker Stars for this message.

J

jsh169

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Coaches are expensive, cheap coaches go for 50 dollars a hour. Playing at the stakes you do, I am not sure it would be worthy of your money. Here are some tournament coach listings, you can look into if you desire to do so.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/187/tournament-sng-poker-coach-listings/

if you want to improve fast training sites are your best bet.

Others i would reccomend is dragthebar.com for sng content.

not sure what others are good for MTT content.

Post hands in the forum here that give you trouble, that will also help you a lot.
You can get dragthebar for free, with like 100 dollars of rake at carbon poker.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you join the Poker School Online there are free live training sessions 2-3 times a week that cover a lot of different situations. You can access it through the Poker Stars lobby at the top. There is also a league that goes with it and one of the trainers is in England so you could send him a message at PSO and he may be able to hook you up with someone or he may also give private lessons.
His name is ChewMe1 at Pokerstars. They also have an archive of training videos and the best thing is it is all free and the PSO league even has leaderboard prizes. Another way Poker Stars is trying to build a base of winning players.
Disclaimer--I am not getting paid by Poker Stars for this message.

Yes i heard that the school is good, i haven't tried it personally. Another one that is gaining popularity is "gripsed" on youtube, which has MTT content for free.

tARsh

tARsh

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ehhhhh the poker schools are for people who need foundational education in my esteem. You can garner that from books more easily, granted it is easy when reading literature to over compensate and adapt advanced playstyles you are not ready for into your own game.
Find someone just above your skill level and just pepper them with questions... give and take ebb and flow. You will find with a candid player that there is nearly as much to learn with these people.
At least in my experience.

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I know Ryan Laplante (protential) made a coaching thread around here somewhere I'm kind of feeling lazy to find it right now but if you search Ryan laplante in the search you'll see it lol.. No idea what prices he has or anything