A

anthony c

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey guys me again
I said i wont go in about running bad but its my 2nd night of running like crap!!!!
Just want to know how the hell u guys play your A game when on a downswing??:icon_colo

I have been running bad but at the end of the night(my 2nd night) im playing my D game after running crap all day.Played like13 tourneys 1 cash the 2nd day.
I would think im a small winning player
Dont go on tilt but im deflated and make bad calls and just play bad.

HOW DO U PLAY THE HAND THE BEST YOU CAN??
Do u guys still play tourney with 3000+ when u guys run bad?
I dont want to but i love playing the micro millions and like i run i feel i dont stand a chance 10000+ players
Any advice would be great:(
thanks

B

banshee1975

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If youre making bad calls and playing bad....thats tilt. I had a thread titled "my best session ever?" In which i lost like half a buyin. Thing is i was playing perfect poker but was running horrible. Over the next couple days my playing was great and the cards started coming and i netted almost 10 buyins. It just happens. Bad run of cards

Arjonius

Arjonius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Running bad and playing bad aren't the same thing. The former is outside your control, the latter is completely within it.

And why are you playing at all when you're playing your D game?

I don't change my game selection when I'm running bad. I play as little as possible when I'm playing bad; e.g. I'll still play a tournament is if I have an entry that is only valid on a specific date.

olliejjc16

olliejjc16

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
your a game is when you play at the peak of your poker ability, where you consistently make +ev decisions and get your money in good, you can be running bad and still playing your a game, your a game is a state of mind far more than your wins/losses, if you play your a game on a consistent basis and are a decent player you will be a winner in the long term, stop looking at short term gains and focus on the long term

A

anthony c

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks guys
I know whats running bad and playing bad
I was still playing when i was playing my d game cause i was still in the tourney but was going up and down for 4 hours so i had no choice.
At the end i was not playing my best cause had some bad breaks the hole tourney
I was hoping for some tips from you guys to play your a game and how to still
stay pos. after all that for 2 days bad beats!!!:embarasse
Any tips would be great?
:tee:
thanks

S

sillymunchie

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if it makes you feel any better im on my 7 day in a row where i just cant get anything right, i get it in as a 70-90% favourate and i just lose, players play stupidly but i want them to play stupidly, remembering that i dont care if there stupidity costs me a MTT because would you rather win a small ammount when they play perfectly, or would you rather win a big ammount when they play stupidly?

but once you add in playing badly into the mixture, then your overplaying hands knowing your ahead which adds to the "downswing" cus it seems like were being hard done by,

another question is how low do you allow yourself to get, do you get to showdown too often? and all that, if the answer is yes consider the difference between a bad beat downswing and general fluctuations, so if you let yourself get to 10BB and shove A Ks, if somebody has tried to steal with J 10 he prety much has to call, and he will beat you 40% of the time, this is not a bad beat

if you have a straight, set, 2 pair etc etc, and you get it all in on turn and no 100% your ahead and they outdraw you, thats unfortunate and if you keep at it your going to see a possitive form come in

moral of the story, PLAY YOUR A GAME, DONT TILT, and GO FOR THE WIN
even a pro who relies on his poker game to live on has 250 BI for tournaments , this is to sustain with the swings

Top 10 Games