Status
Not open for further replies.
S

spectrefax

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hope this is ok mods, since i'm not selling anything. Just wanting to share my free strategy guide with CardsChat members.

online poker Tournament Strategies for Low-Limit Players

Basically, since I can no longer play poker in the US, I wrote a short ebook outlining the strategies I used over the years to become one of the top earners in $4.40 180s and other low-limit tournaments.

I'm not selling this book. I'm not selling coaching of any kind. I just wrote this book and would like to give it away to cardschat members for free. Hope you guys/gals enjoy it.

You can download the PDF file here:
[old link~tb]

Last edited by a moderator:
DaveE

DaveE

Solvem probler
Project Moderator
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips

When I saw your link within the link you posted I was ready to spam report you expecting to see "just send me $43.58 to view". Nice to see that this is on the level and is actually free:icon_thum

S

spectrefax

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

When I saw your link within the link you posted I was ready to spam report you expecting to see "just send me $43.58 to view". Nice to see that this is on the level and is actually free:icon_thum

Nah, no scam or anything. Hope you enjoy it.

Colbefc

Colbefc

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for the kind offer, I have tried to download it with no success but thanks anyway.

S

spectrefax

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the kind offer, I have tried to download it with no success but thanks anyway.

Thats odd, why aren't you able to download it?

Think links go directly to the Adobe PDF file. If you tell me what went wrong I might be able to fix it?

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Looks to me this is very generous Spectrefax.
I'll definitely read it.
Thank you very much.

B

Brann6

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice work, Spectre. You clearly put a lot of work into this and it's very generous of you to offer it for free.
I've only skimmed through it so far but have to say you obviously know what you're doing.

M

MIGO14

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just printed it out and will have a look at it.
I hope I will unterstand the most things, because Iam from germany, but I will try.
Thanks for this Spectre

B

Beej

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the book Spectre, it looks like you put a lot of effort into it.

I've just started reading the book and it seems like a valuable tool - especially for me - as I tried to crush the 4.80 180 a while ago and gave up as it was not not profitable. Maybe after reading your book I'll try again ;)

olliejjc16

olliejjc16

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this is great, learned a lot from it and pokerstove is a godsend! thanks :D

P

pokerjes

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
looks like you put some time into this. iam printing it out now will read it later.

S

spectrefax

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Glad most of you are enjoying and thanks again to cardschat.com for allowing me to share, other forums were not so welcoming.

Please feel free to share this book with your friends and give props to cardschat for not holding its users hostage on what information they are allowed to access.

M

masiado

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just downloaded the file and I hope it will improve my game. Thanks and see you at thr rables.

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Glad most of you are enjoying and thanks again to cardschat.com for allowing me to share, other forums were not so welcoming.

Please feel free to share this book with your friends and give props to cardschat for not holding its users hostage on what information they are allowed to access.

I have not had a chance to read this, but I did have a quick look. It seems well put together. I will probably not get a chance to really look at it for a couple of weeks, due to work. But it looks like you put some real thought into it. I am looking forward to people here giving their thoughts on your work. I will definitely give my thoughts on this when I have had a chance to go through the whole thing, as I said, it will be a while before I can do this.

CC is a very open forum, and as long as you dont move in on any affiliate territory without approval (you do have links in you book, but only to Pokerstove and HEM, and AFAIK CC is not an HEM affiliate, so no lines crossed here) or try to do underlying sales, there is no reason why CC would not welcome something like this. I am not a MOD or in any other way working as a CC insider, so this is only my opinion.

When I first opened your homepage, I was turned off by the look. It looks like a typical MLM sales page. But looks are not everything. However, you may want to consider a more personal look, but thats just my opinion. I have seen a lot of sites with these yellow highlighted quotes, and thin scroll down format, and most are scammy sites. Its probably a convenient way to put a site together, but there are others. I am just sayin, some may be put off by this format.

Anyway, thanks for making this available. I am looking forward to feedback from other members.

Good luck to you.

R

RVladimiro

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
@spectrefax:

I downloaded the PDF mostly for curiosity. I work at home for some years and a lot of people ask me how the hell can I do that.

Reading "Your playing schedule and volume" is refreshing. I think many many many new players that dream with playing poker for a living (or any other work-at-home business) involves dealing with a much demanding boss: yourself!

I'm very happy that you deal with that very early in the ebook and I had to congratulate you for that.

I won't give the ebook the attention it probably deserves since I'm focused on improving my cash skills but I'm I'll read it someday.

DaveE

DaveE

Solvem probler
Project Moderator
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Finally got around to starting to read this. Only up to the end of the preflop 3 and 4bet ranges, but very impressed so far.

thebigdawg

thebigdawg

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice thing you did and congrats on your success. Will give it a read.

B

buster999

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thank you very much I just started reading it today.

F

fkucdaw0rld

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just downloaded it myself, i've always wanted to focus mostly on lower-buyin sng's but never saw the long term profitability in them, i hope this can help me re-evaluate my approach and mentality about the game and help me maintain better BR management...congrats on ur success and many thanks for making this available, thats pretty awesome

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been hovering in this thread a while but didn't want to comment until I finished reading.

All in all it's more than solid advice - for most parts it's excellent imo.

There are really only a few spots where I have a second opinion but those are more or less marginal.

Great read and thanks for sharing.

Edit: This thread needs much more love imo.

Last edited:
B

bobsay225

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thanx for this download spectre giving a good read once again:tee: :tee:

P

pobe27mo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for this. I've picked up a lot from this and I can see how it can improve my game, especially regarding different raise sizes according to the strength of your hand.

regd87

regd87

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
printed, thanks for sharing

Status
Not open for further replies.