ok guys after some bankroll advice $400 - what would you do to get to 2k efficiently

C

cotta777

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hey guys you may of seen another thread of mine regarding bankroll.
after a steady spring, I recently went broke in may & then again in june,
losing $650.00 and then 380 june...

I've managed to build this back up for the 3rd time from a $15.00 deposit winning a couple of sit n go's and then took some shots in the 180's and Big micro's,

Now I have 400.00 and I'm just looking for advice or anyone who could make a steady profit from 400.00 I'm looking to get upto 2k.
once I reach that milestone I want to start grinding 50NL maybe some 100NL
and make the switch to cash and completely focus on cash for a while.

I was hoping to just take on board, your experience how you built your roll which way you found the quickest and what you would do if you went broke and you had 400k to start with and you wanted to get upto 2k

: )

Beanfacekilla

Beanfacekilla

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hey guys you may of seen another thread of mine regarding bankroll.
after a steady spring, I recently went broke in may & then again in june,
losing $650.00 and then 380 june...

I've managed to build this back up for the 3rd time from a $15.00 deposit winning a couple of sit n go's and then took some shots in the 180's and Big micro's,

Now I have 400.00 and I'm just looking for advice or anyone who could make a steady profit from 400.00 I'm looking to get upto 2k.
and make the switch to cash and completely focus on cash for a while.

I was hoping to just take on board, your experience how you built your roll which way you found the quickest and what you would do if you went broke and you had 400k to start with and you wanted to get upto 2k

: )

Sound, prudent BRM. That is the right way to increase your BR.

It takes patience, dedication, and hard work. It is not easy (unless you go on a big heater).

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Really only 'you' will know. I mean it's what ever games you excel in & have experience in. For me to suggest something like HU Hypers would be dumb because I don't know what you are good at.

tbdbitl

tbdbitl

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Really only 'you' will know. I mean it's what ever games you excel in & have experience in. For me to suggest something like HU Hypers would be dumb because I don't know what you are good at.
Dead On PO! (long time no see bud!)

My advice about playing cash is that if you are crushing a level, rather than move up, I'd increase the number of tables you play at that level.

If you do choose to move up, don't be too stubborn to move back to a level that you have proven success at!

AND, NEVER play games that are above your Bankroll!

Colbefc

Colbefc

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Find the game you are best at. Practise good bankroll management, that is the best advice I can offer, whether you win or not is a matter of if you are a winning player or not, but these two things will give you the best chance of success, but your target is way too ambitious, be happy to build your BR up slowly, if you are lucky and the poker gods smile on you you might achieve your target, good luck :)

G

groggy44

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i like SNGs myself. If i had enough to sit at the $50 NL games I probably would. I really hate micro stakes cash games. I also like $5 and $10 tourneys and prefer deepstack and 12,15, or 20 minute blinds. No rush to play a hand. can wait on a monster and the fish will still pay you off

midgetfactory

midgetfactory

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
u got 400 its a long way to 2k, stay within your bankroll limit, and drop dowm if u have to , and stasy away from mr tilt too if u have a bad run, oh and good luck

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it seems to me you're trying to rush something that shouldn't.

Bankroll advice basically is, if you don't want to go broke again then use a 100 buy-in rule for SnG's and maybe 200 buy-ins for MTT's and if you're a winning player you wont go broke.

If you're a winning player, you will reach 2k after some time but I wouldn't set $$$ goals as you can't control variance. Set volume goals something you can achieve.

After I tried rushing things, I went broke a ton of times along with tilt. I then told myself I will refuse to deposit ever again; after I was left with around $7. I have since proceeded to build that roll. I started literally at the 360man 10c turbos along with the 45man and 90man SnGs on stars and stuck to strict bankroll management. I've switched games a few times but I've always had enough to cushion swings. Be patient and don't try rushing, you will only go broke. :)

Arjonius

Arjonius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Something that doesn't get stated often enough in threads about building BRs is the very basic fact that in order to grow it, you need to win. The fact that you've gone broke twice suggests that you're playing above the level of both your game and your BR.

The way to build your roll rapidly is to play the combination of game and level where your EV is the highest. However, that doesn't have to be the only consideration. In my case, for example, I prefer MTTs so I mostly play them even though my win rate is higher in ring games.

A

AvaloNNN

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I think this is not a good idea. No need to rush. For 50NL you really need a decent bankroll and even better skills. So take it easy, step by step. Instead, when you reach your 2K bankroll goal, try 25NL, and if you can beat these games constantly and build your BR to at least 5K then take a shot at 50nl
GL.

C

Cicatrix

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Technically 20BB's is a fair amount to get into it.
But honestly I wouldn't venture too closely to it (50NL & 100NL) until you can successfully crush each and every stake behind it.

Poker is a long term game, don't ever think about rushing into something, that is a mindset of a busto.

WeenieSVK

WeenieSVK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you made 400 from 15! dollars in one month... So you most likely know to play that sh1t...:D I am just wondering why you dont want to stick with these SnGs when you are so profitable in them?? Just come up on buy-in ladder depending on your bankroll...

M

millertime

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i also have a $400 bankroll. i am going to play a lot of 10NL until i get to $800 then step up to 25NL until i get to $1600, then step up to 50NL and go from there. that's the plan anyway!

C

crazyplayer101

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
js im no expert by all means but dont you think that you should atleast have 20 buy ins...if your play 50$ no limit then youd only have about 3 buy ins...which leaves no room for variance and trust me ive seen a lot of that just watching these big high up cash games for five minute time periods id suggest waiting for the awesomeness of the poker maximus if you play on carbon ad you can just play what you play right now since you seem to be on fire...but be ready to willingly move back down quickly

P

Punter4444

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
after reading all the posts i think most of u would disagree as you all seem to think cash tables are better for boosting bankroll but atleast for me its always been an obstacle eventually. i mean there have been times made like 10-20 dollars in no time playing cash tables but when i lose iv lost like 60-70 euros this has happened to me often and it ruined my bankroll. then i did what works best for me time consuming yes but its guarantee freerolls! once u get back some confidence earn like 10-15 dollars strictly playing frs play du sngs but not on the same site more than 2 days in a row or else wud b boring hope this helps!!! gud luck!

_FISHFEET81_

_FISHFEET81_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
seems to me you already know what to do and what works for you. If you turned 15 bucks to 400 in a month. Just keep staying focused and patient and you will more than likey get to your 2k mark. Unless I see you on the felt and you go busto lol
BOOM STONE COLD STUNNER

dgiharris

dgiharris

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you turn $15 into $400, then just keep doing what you are doing...

be patient. If you are a winning disciplined and patient player then the money will take care of itself.

This whole thread/query reminds me of a popular joke.

There are two bulls, one young and one old, on top of a hill overlooking a field of cows.

The young bull turns to the older bull and says, "Hey, I got a great idea, lets run down the hill, screw a cow, ,and then run back up the hill..."

The old bull replies, "I got a better idea, how about we just walk down the hill and screw them all..."

Noobs always remind me of the young bull, full of energy and super impatient and just can't wait to get their bankrolls up to $1k, $2k, $10k, etc...

But the problem is that eventually their impatience results in them making mistakes and losing more money long term. And if they would have just been patient and disciplined everything would have worked itself out for the best.

So just follow proper BRM, be patient and disciplined and your roll with take care of itself.

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management