objective

L

lecarlosgd

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe all of you just enter to a tournament to get as much chips as possible, but what is your real objective? Win the tournament or just get as far as possible?.

If you want to win a tournament, innitiative is the key, passive players do not win tournaments! Now if you are more concerned to get money, you must constanttly be checking the tournament's info (blinds, times, players remaining, etc.) at first everyone is trying to get money so we focus in the possition we get but with the experience comes the will power and you will be no longer looking for chips, you will be looking for the trophy ;)

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My objective is to win the tournament, be the last (wo)man standing.

That said...that is not how I am thinking during the tourney, it can be too overwhelming to think about getting first place when there are still 400 players left.

I just focus on my table, playing good solid poker on my table and trying to stay at roughly an average stack...if I get more chips that is fine but I don't actually find a huge correlation between my chipping up early and winning outright (for my own game).

When the bubble comes I open my game way up and prey on those players I've identified who are too tight or timid.

When the bubble bursts, if I have an average or better stack, I hunker back down into TAG mode and set my sights on the final table.

Once I make the final table I set my sights on top 3 pay spots.

Once I make the top 3 I set my sights on getting heads up.

Once I'm heads up I usually win at least 2/3 of the time!

baby steps is how I do it...

E

eneainter999

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
all the player want to be the first.
i only see how many players have left just for stats ,just play in my table never see the stack

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Can we just close this thread now?