Total posts
Chips
UTG (35+ BB's) enters with a min raise.

UTG+1 - Fold

UTG+2 - Fold

MP - Fold

MP2 (24BB's) - Is thinking about what he wants to do

MP3 (20BB's) - acts out of turn with an all in
(Surprisingly dealer allows her to pull bet back)

MP2 - then makes a min call

MP3 - then goes all in for the 2nd time

All others fold including UTG.

What do you think MP2 has?

Of course he had pocket aces. MP3 has AQ os and gets crushed.

I

inflnlte

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, this is a live game unless some poker sites allow you to act out of turn lol. The dealer shouldnt of allowed her to take the bet back and the result wouldve been the same.

Aleksei

Aleksei

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not even gonna venture a guess. Who the hell knows what goes on in these muppet's minds. :p

Michael Paler

Michael Paler

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
UTG (35+ BB's) enters with a min raise.

UTG+1 - Fold

UTG+2 - Fold

MP - Fold

MP2 (24BB's) - Is thinking about what he wants to do

MP3 (20BB's) - acts out of turn with an all in
(Surprisingly dealer allows her to pull bet back)

MP2 - then makes a min call

MP3 - then goes all in for the 2nd time

All others fold including UTG.

What do you think MP2 has?

Of course he had pocket aces. MP3 has AQ os and gets crushed.

I guessed a pair or big ace. Do I win a prize?

NeverEnough

NeverEnough

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
LOL @ the donk that just called & then folded knowing next to act is going to shove. May as well set the chips on fire.

I'm not sure what the issue is with the shove having pocket aces. So many idiots in these live tournaments will call a shove with a lot less.

Michael Paler

Michael Paler

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Would you just make a call with a big ace when you know the player beside you is anxious to go all in?
Click on the "show" button.

If I have AK or AA and that player is not the BB, yes. I will make a call so others acting after this person will not know If I intend to fold or not. If they shove to isolate with a marginal hand, I got them as well. If it is more than the 3 of us, I can fold. I would not take AK or AA into a 4 way pot unless I could very well afford it. These two hands get weaker the more in there with you. 3 is risky enough. That had to be what she was thinking, right? Plus, since the dealer made her take back the out of turn bet, it did not commit her to it! So a shove might have seen her just fold instead...

If the shove is from MP there is still hijack/cutoff/button/SB/BB yet to react to that shove. If you shove you tell the whole table you have AA or AK. So, they fold. If you call, you tell the good players that, not the bad; they might not realize it and try to isolate, then you got em both!

Actually, to throw those good players off, I might have min raised! That would make them think maybe I am either a weak player or did not realize the all in out of turn. Then they just might call the shove/go all in over her to isolate thinking I might be weak or not paying attention. If she would have acted like she didn't know it was her turn, this could have added that deception.

Ha! Wouldn't they be surprised?!?

Last edited:
Blobweird123

Blobweird123

CC's very own Dead Head
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I have AK or AA and that player is not the BB, yes. I will make a call so others acting after this person will not know If I intend to fold or not. If they shove to isolate with a marginal hand, I got them as well. If it is more than the 3 of us, I can fold. I would not take AK or AA into a 4 way pot unless I could very well afford it. These two hands get weaker the more in there with you.

If the shove is from MP there is still hijack/cutoff/button/SB/BB yet to react to that shove. If you shove you tell the whole table you have AA or AK. So, they fold. If you call, you tell the good players that, not the bad; they might not realize it and try to isolate, then you got em both.

Umm wut? You would fold AA if you 3 people before you were all in? That's 100% -ev thinking. I don't care if we are 10 handed and 9 people go all in before me, I KNOW I have the best hand starting out, for a fact! It doesn't get any easier than that lol

Michael Paler

Michael Paler

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do believe I did write that if more than 3 of us I would consider folding AA if I am in an MTT as the hand gets weaker with each player in. It depends on a lot of things.

There are situations in which folding AK or AA preflop is appropriate in a MTT or SNG single table game. If 4 or more in the pot and losing the hand will cost you the game, what is wrong with folding? You can pick a better spot. So it also depends on more than the hand itself. I learned this from SNG's where so many would call all in first hand preflop that the guy w AA did not fair so well most times.

It's just one pair. It does not guarantee a win. Lots of times you start with the best hand and have the last best by the river in poker.:) In this case with this hand, I think she was more looking to catch someone else getting all in after her and the out-of-turn better. Then she would only be looking at maybe 3 all ins with the best hand starting out.