New member seeking advice on my Graph

44ontherail

44ontherail

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello CardsChat members, I am seeking some advice on what my graph shows about my game, I am very new to a hud and pokertracker and trying to learn what this graph shows.

Recently I have ran very bad variance has hit my BR pretty hard, I only play 45 man Turbos on Stars, the $3.50/$7 games around about 70 per day. The past month has just been pretty shocking tho and im looking to see if I can use my Huds database to identify any leaks and changes, what is the best way to go about this via PokerTracker? Also If anyone plays these games what type of stats do you use on your hud?

Thank you for any advice.

egVVx.png

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Looking at graphs in 45man SnG's is pointless.

You won't find anything useful from this. You're best looking at hands and general SnG play,

for example, tight early stages and shoving/calling ranges towards the bubble or on the bubble. You might find if you're losing lots, it could be either variance or you have some leaks with later stages.

Post hands in the thread which require a shove/fold spot. (Don't post aces being beat, it's irreverent.)

Hands like, where you are 6bb deep in the CO and have suited Q's/K's which you can profitably shove but elected to fold instead. These are the sort of hands which will cost you money.

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Holy crap, I gotta say that graph looks fake as hell, lol. Not saying it is, but it sure looks that way. Other than the huge spike at ~hand 3000, that's the flattest graph over a 100k sample size I've ever seen. Doesn't even seem possible.

MediaBLITZ

MediaBLITZ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll give you this - you're consistent - :D . WOW

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Actually looking at it again, the extreme spike (53K bb's???) is severely compressing the rest of the graph and smoothing out the regular variance. I'll bet if you eliminate that spike or zoom in on the graph it would look more "normal." Still a pretty consistent b/e grind over such a sample size. Seems you're good enough to not be a loser, but also looks like you're not trying to do anything to improve/changeup your game to have such a long and robotic result. Typically while adjusting/experimenting you're going to have downswings while you're figuring things out, but an overall rise as you improve.

Then again 100K hands isn't really a monster sample size either, so I guess a b/e stretch like that isn't that unheard of.

44ontherail

44ontherail

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Cheers guys, I have just figured out how to purge/delete the MTT I did pretty well in as Dmorris68 says this was compressing my graph I never thought about this before so I have enclosed an updated graph.

I was breaking even or making a small profit per day so the past few moths I decided to switch up my game a bit to test out if there was anything I could do to improve my win rate.

ckV0x.png

@ Ramdeebam

Hands like, where you are 6bb deep in the CO and have suited Q's/K's which you can profitably shove but elected to fold instead. These are the sort of hands which will cost you money.

I believe I have a good push/fold knowledge and I would be pushing this range without a second thought, possibly even wider; any connecting, one gappers, 2 gappers, 64o, 96, J9 etc. I have studied ICM alot and how to abuse it on the bubble with a decent stack, and lately I have had to adjust my shoving and calling ranges v many regs, some regs im calling with any paint in the BB etc when i have 6bbs and I know my K high is good and I will take the 60% shot.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
put the graphs away. Try to find some more important stats. Like distribution %'s or multitabling ROI %'s. Get into your stats and see where you might be losing equity.

44ontherail

44ontherail

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
put the graphs away. Try to find some more important stats. Like distribution %'s or multitabling ROI %'s. Get into your stats and see where you might be losing equity.

Thanks, where do you suggest I start finding these stats on PT3?

Thankyou

MediaBLITZ

MediaBLITZ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Thankyou

Start with the "Details" tab because I know you just have to see something that looks like your stats - but know that the best game changer for anyone is to use your PT3 to review your own hands. It is no less than incredible what you can find when you take yourself out of the eye of the storm and look at yourself from an objective point of view. Kind of like helping a buddy.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Thankyou

oh gawd, i've never really bothered trying to use PT3 I was a HEM1 user. So i can't really answer that one. There should be some filters in there that you can use. Or just post a question to poker tracker forums.

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Win more, your graph will look better.

B

blue_moon33

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Analyzing graphs can be tough for beginners, however it WILL NOT paint the entire picture. You have to have poker discipline and use graphs to supplement it with. If you truly are a beginner there are better ways to improve your game than graphs. If you still need help analyzing simple graphs check this video out. Play safe and enjoy!