Need Your Opinion (Hold K on Flush)

BlackMoth5

BlackMoth5

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey guys, I lost 2 significant amounts on Carbon yesterday (these were deep stack tourneys with a $33 buy in so everyone was at least descent) by holding the K on a flush while the other player happened to hold the ace. Both times I was looking for the flush, caught it and then proceeded to lose a significant amount of my stack. There were no full house, quad, or straight flush draws. I would like QUALITY opinions by knowledgeable, seasoned players letting me their opinion on this. Is this is just a bad beat (what I believe it to be) or how do you think I could play this hand better? Btw, I was the one making the initial raise once I hit my flush. Thanks! :cool:

ryhailey

ryhailey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Need a bit more information but regardless it's very hard to fold 2nd nuts as your winning 95% of the time here.

AlfieAA

AlfieAA

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Coolered, not a lot you can do when you have the second nuts on they boards....

frozensprx

frozensprx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah for the most part these are just coolers. It is like losing with bottom set when someone has a higher set, it is just part of variance. However, if you are playing in cash games and are deep-stacked with good reads you can usually dump 2nd nut flush before you lose your whole stack. In tournaments I will rarely if ever fold the 2nd nut flush because so many other worse hands will call you.

T

Tgen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends how deep you was , i think you can easily play this for stacks if you have a medium stack but if you are deep 100bb+ its a close call , when you make your hand dont blindly bet as much as you can , ask yourself what hand is going to pay me off? is he capable to hold such hand and bet it so much? if you can find hands in his range who can potentially pay you off then you did the correct play.

You wont find many spots with such hand in mtts and it is very rare for your opponent to hold a better flush , i would only be cautious if my opponent was very skilled player and i was deepstacked and the board was all rags but even then its a close call.

Full Flush Poker