NEED HELP IN TOURNAMENT!!!

T

Tom102

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok I'm in a $150 tournament on FTP, lame I know but I play em for fun, anyway I've ran good and sitting on about 35k chips when the blinds are at 40/80, 1800 left 45 paid, I'm placed in top 20 atm,how should I be playing since it's no where near the bubble and i have 350 bb's.

??

B

BluffYou123

Back in the Game
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play tight and pick off the idiots. Bully the tight players if there are any. Good luck.

Randall McMurphy

Randall McMurphy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Was it 1500 chips to start? A 35,000 chip stack is amazing for the 3rd or 4th level. Only in the top 20?
Might as well keep doing whatever the heck it was you were doing. You can afford to lose several thousand chips.

ckickenking

ckickenking

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
don't panic and play the way you been playing since you're doing good without any advice

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
don't panic and play the way you been playing since you're doing good without any advice
Panic? it's a $150 freeroll with 7500 players.

Huge stack there OP. Would love to play on a 350bb stack in a tourney!

A

AvaloNNN

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No need to tighten up. Just keep playing loose and bully them all, but selectively. Donks and fish are often afraid of big stacks.

C

cotta777

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
for future reference I like to play a strong range , dont open raise out of position, because a donkey WILL put you all in trust me I haved played alot of freerolls in my time and turbos (closer to the button the better)

Ideally you want to be calling with strong hands in position and letting them bet into you, (which they will do)
you might find if your bullying them a very bad player goes all in takes a chunk of your stack and then you lose that.

you just want to be raising with pairs 9+ Raising with 10-A suited+
calling small raises with speculative hands 89suited, J9Suited, suited broadways, one gappers 10-8 suited 9-7 etc, and stay out of re raised hands unless your going to move all in with a big pair or AK