Need help with microstakes sng

P

pokgai

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Started poker last year, mainly playing Sng. Have played over 50k hands. I have some knowledge to the game from reading books, articles, videos and forums.I recently began to take BR management seriously. Currently multi tabling $1 or $3 sngs with a $100 BR. I find the rake in $1 causes problems to my profits. The games are pretty soft and i have a decent TAG and Push/fold strategy to cash. I have huge swings in these games because of variance and i find that i am a breakeven player when running good. I want to actually make a steady profit and become more of a winning player.

Btw i recently started to track my games. This is my data from the past 7 days i have played

Attachments

• graph.jpg
    graph.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 36
E

Eclipsenz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find bigger fields at micros better, if you play decent poker you get ITM just about the same as you would on a regular sng, plus when you get ITM aim to win big I always aim for top 4 or min cash to begin with when it becomes late game I assess from there.

I find the fact that when you cash you cash 3-4times the amount you would on a regualr table balances out the swings abit more. A counters the frustration of busting your ass all for like 4 bucks. when you could maybe 12-13 bucks USD

Also in just about every tourny you have a couple people donking off their stack to you if you can sit on 5k you are gonna get ITM, providing your late game strat is good. (45man sng)

Last edited:
W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you see the hump in those distribution stats. It's almost certain that you are playing way to tightly and you leave yourself shortstacked when you are on the bubble. The number of 4th place finishes is way way too high. It's simple math and probability that if you are have a shorter stack on average than your opponants when four handed that you will bubble more often in the long run. Get a bigger stack than average when four handed and you will bubble less often get into the money more often, which of course leads to more first place finishes.

Of course it's not as simple as what i've stated above. You have to work on leaks, the hardest part of working on leaks is identifying them. Trackers help with this, especially ones where you can break your game down and focus on specific areas.

If you look at a winning players distribution you will see a noticeable differance.

Read through this as it explains what i'm talking about.
https://www.cardschat.com/forum/tournament-poker-59/minor-peeve-when-comes-stts-185076/

Basically you will likely need to loosen up more when 5-6 handed, to build your stack for the bubble. Yes your taking more risks, and you WILL be busting out more often in 5-6 place, however the stack you get more than makes up for this, as you will be left in a much better position to kind of bully your opponants when on the bubble, which leads to even more chips, which sets you up for more wins.

hope this helps.

P

pokgai

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I noticed this leaked but did not know what to do to fix it. I appreciate the help and hopefully i can adjust my play and fix the leak. I will also try bigger fields of micro however i want to stick with sng and master that for now.

Thanks for the replies

P

pokgai

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also have another question should i play 4 tables of $3 sng less of a grind and more variance but i can win more or should i play it safe and just keep adding more tables of $1 sng grind my way up until i have the bankroll to switch over to 3$

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah your best off sticking too one type and getting good at it. theres just too much variation in strat needed to mix games when you are learning.

If you have the roll then id suggest giving the 3s a go. the rake in the dollar games is quite high(or at least it used to be)

P

pokgai

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tried to be more aggressive 5-6 handed with a push or fold strategy however my fairly good stack from a double up in the early stages keeps getting called by very light and since i play turbo it cripples my 15-10bb stack when i reach to the bubble. I used sng wiz in the past so i try to push with marginal or better hand i.e K10+ 88+ 10-9s. I think because of this i tilt and began to change my play and tighten up and causing me to be crippled in the bubble losing equity to cash.

Thanks for the replies