My Tournament Poker Blog

R

Red_Devil

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys, I set myself a huge challenge this year to read EVERY book ever written about 'tournament' poker & would like others to improve their tournament games with me & come along for the adventure. Please check out my blog & subscribe. I share all my insights daily as I read through each book. We're currently on book 1 which happens to be Phil Gordon's Little Green Book, discussing key concepts & strategy. Join me right from the start.

James

Last edited by a moderator:
Fknife

Fknife

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe I will be reading with you :) Do you have any list with all the books you want to read prepared?

R

Red_Devil

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hey fknife. Please become a member of the blog & I will private message you the first 10, so you can plan ahead ;)

steveiam

steveiam

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you think reading the older book's will give you the right game strategy for today's style of tournament play ?

R

Red_Devil

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hey steveiam, I appreciate what your saying. The aim was to read them for a solid grounding & afterwards join a training site such as pte in order to evaluate what has changed more closely, while obv continuing to scrap though the tournament forum on here for some nuggets. I think a lot of tournament concepts remain the same. I appreciate the aggression factor has gone up a lot, but I still believe there's much value to be had from the books? I take it your not a fan? Ha. I enjoy reading, so I certainly don't believe it will do me any harm? I have deleted the blog, as it wasn't generating much interest & was taking up a lot of time. Just going to power through the books with a friend & see what happens!

R

Red_Devil

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
apologies skknife, it was just taking up a lot of time & there wasn't much interest in the blog. I thought it was a really good idea, but was obviously on my own there. ha. If you would like I will still send you a list of the books?

Fknife

Fknife

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have deleted the blog, as it wasn't generating much interest
But...you created the blog like... 1 day ago? Dont you think that it is too early to delete it? You wont get 1000 subscribers in 1 day!

You can always just write a short summary of a book you've just finished and about the most important things you learnt from it.

Yes, please. Send me the list of the books.

rdm4k

rdm4k

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Firstly good luck for your challenge, secondly the link doesnt bring anywhere

Do you think reading the older book's will give you the right game strategy for today's style of tournament play ?

I always thought that internet nowadays contain more and better concept respect every book (books may contain obsolete concepts - and that's absolutely true). But dont forget that, for a newbie who is now gaining the knowledge of the game, it is not necessary a waste of time.
IN the book you can still find all the basic concepts which are useful improve.

then of course we must find out the good stuff, leaving the "bad".

reading books it is not absolutely -ev especially for a newbie.

My advice anyway is to look for information online, post hands on forums, and play play play. Experience is the best book you can read!!

@OP do you have the pdf of these books you talking about?? or do you have the paper version???

R

Red_Devil

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hey rdm4k, thanks for your solid advice. I have took a break from playing at the moment to read some books & study some tournament strategy, I will also actively be scouring online ;) & be back playing again shortly, but this time i'm going to invest in a HUD & go in prepared. I agree that there is absolutely no substitute for playing hands & reviewing your sessions, especially with others & once back playing I will be sure to post hands from my sessions in this forum.

fknife, I know the blog was short lived!! Maybe I should have given it more time....? Thanks for your feedback. I'll pm you the books now.

Cheers, James

R

Red_Devil

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey FK, apparently you have to have posted at least 15 times in order to pm a member & i'm only on 11 posts...ha. So i'll just stick the books on here.

the first 10 books were:

Phil Gordons Little Green Book
Harrington on Holdem vol1
Harrington on Holdem vol2
Harrington on Holdem vol 3
Kill Everyone
Raisers Edge
Gus Hansen Every Hand Revealed
Winning Poker Tournaments One Hand at a Time 1
Winning Poker Tournaments One Hand at a Time 2
Winning Poker Tournaments One Hand at a Time 3

Hope this helps :)

Cheers, James

R

Red_Devil

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
@OP do you have the pdf of these books you talking about?? or do you have the paper version???[/QUOTE]

paper version, do you have any pdf links?