My first Freeroll Club Tourny

PapaC

PapaC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Last night was my first freeroll club tourny at BCP. I was doing ok for awhile until my brother came by and was talking about some work he had for me. And caught 88 and only 2 others in the hand and again I do what Bear gets on to me about "I click before I think" and go all in thinking I can run the other 2 out of the hand. "not" and I run right into AA. But really was not paying good attention. Better luck next time, and I will when I start thinking.

L

Lekoo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That`s why when we play poker we must Just play poker and do nothing else that can ruin our attention or make changes in our behavior. I hope next time you will think twice before shoving with 88 because if someone calls you probably you are already behind and if they fold you wont win many chips.

Try to hit a set on the flop and than play it aggressively :)

PapaC

PapaC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the advice. For sure I don't like others around while I'm playing. Used to lose every time when my wife would try talking to me about something while I was playing. But still it's stupid to go all in with 88. What makes me do that I don't know, and more so when the pot is not worth taking the chance getting knocked out of the tourny early.

dealio96

dealio96

The LAG Monkeys
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
and more so when the pot is not worth taking the chance getting knocked out of the tourny early.

This is a good point. GL on the felts!

J

joe777

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Early in a tourney its not worth the risk busting out while in OOP with a hand no less than AA.Good luck next time.

Nevkryty

Nevkryty

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At the beginning of the tournament you need to play tight and only play good cards!

zarzar78

zarzar78

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi and good luck in our card chat freeroll club.
It's always tight and nice game in our games so good luck next time :)

Propane Goat

Propane Goat

Grinder and paint make me the welder I ain't
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I still have problems with this too, it's so easy to just start mashing buttons without thinking through the consequences. I busted out of the Carbon freeroll early this week doing the same thing.

Another huge leak I think have plugged for the most part, is making a snap decision on what I'm going to do as soon as I see my hole cards and then doing that without taking table action into account. I know this is off topic but I mention it because I think it's a similar issue.

For example, if I was in the SB with AKo and 12BB and decide that I'm going to shove when it gets around to me, but what if there was a 4x raise from EP, two calls, a 3-bet shove with 30BB, then a cold 4-bet re-shove from the button who has everyone covered? Now that AKo isn't looking so good anymore and maybe it's time to rethink what the right thing to do here would be.

martymart48

martymart48

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dont play to fast you can take some time to think what i do?

A

avjul66

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Multitasking is a hard thing to do
Playing poker needs the full attention or mistakes will be made but congrats on your first club freeroll
Hope that in a near future I will also post a thread like this one from you
May when this happen the result will be different

PapaC

PapaC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks again you all. I'm really trying to change, but like you said Propane Goat the decisions I make are quick without any thought. And I don't know what makes me do it. But today I played pocket Js the right way in a long time. I posted it in another tread about how to play JJ. And at the end of the hand I was still in the tourny and made it to the final table. Don't know what it's going to take but I'm going to start thinking before I click.