Which MTT's do you recommend on PS?

Colbefc

Colbefc

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In the new year I am going to start playing more MTT's on PS. I am fed up of playing on there in $1-5 MTT's or freerolls with thousands of entrants and very little chance of cashing unless I get very lucky.
Does anyone on here play MTT's on PS( sorry this is not meant to annoy our US friends on here) and know any good value regular MTT's? I can afford to pay up to $10 entrance fee but I look at the PS lobby and just get lost in the shear number of tourneys available.
Can anyone offer me any advice please :D

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
6-max 18 man $1.50 I've always found to be good value. Also 27-man $1.50 & $3.50 are pretty soft. $1 hyper turbos are very soft but if you're sick of big variance not the best of games to play. I wouldn't be looking to pay more than $3.50 in entrance fee though as value definitely drops quite a bit as you get to $7 and $3.50 BI.

Colbefc

Colbefc

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks Blue, I'll definitely have a look at those tourneys

B

BluffYou123

Back in the Game
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a schedule written out on my other laptop and I'll post some of it in here next time I'm using it. I prefer mostly double stack so that's what most of them will be. Their cap games are pretty good. There's a $5 1000 cap at 10:15, 11:45 and 15:45 ET every day. Soft fields and top 126 paid if they fill. Usually get a minimum of ~600 entrants daily.

Do you prefer turbo or standard speed? Do you like KO tourneys? Do you want a list from $1 - $11? I should be able to give you an idea of how many players play them on average too.

Shufflin

Shufflin

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Digging the potential of this thread. On a super-downswing right now, so find me in any of these games for bonus EV :D

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Obviously greater variance in the really large-field MTT's that Stars has so many of. Might be a decent idea to play in the CAP tourneys (ones that are capped at 500 or 1,000 entrants).
To find a decent schedule for yourself, just use your tourney filters & you'll see them all listed there. You can also click off 'completed' so you'll get an idea of how many entrants they typically have in them.

There's a handful of $5-$10 buyins. I'd list some off for ya but it'd depend on what time of day you're planning on playing.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Here's a couple of screenshots with tourney filters set at 7-9 & 10 player tables, Min $5, Max $20, Regular, Turbo, running, completed & announced for ~24hr. period. (one screenshot is w/o rebuy tourneys).
note - included in the 'running' tourneys in these lobby pics. will be the 180's (180 player turbo sng's... which incidentally I wouldn't recommend unless you have tons of bi's for them & are familiar with the structure & play in them).

Attachments

• $5-$16.gif
    $5-$16.gif
    65.8 KB · Views: 35
  • $5-$16 w rebuys.gif
    $5-$16 w rebuys.gif
    61.5 KB · Views: 35
Colbefc

Colbefc

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for the help, must admit I have never used the filters, thats why I get overwhelmed with tourneys, I'll have to try them.

B

BluffYou123

Back in the Game
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The filters are a must Colin. Also if you click on the Regular tab, FPP tourneys and satelites will not be shown in the results so all you'll see is the MTTs.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Thanks for the help, must admit I have never used the filters, thats why I get overwhelmed with tourneys, I'll have to try them.
For sure!! Without filters set you get a gazillion satellites in the lobby (PCA Hyper turbo this & that.. & this... &.... ).
The filters are a must Colin. Also if you click on the Regular tab, FPP tourneys and satelites will not be shown in the results so all you'll see is the MTTs.
I know.. that's why I posted what I did above. Oh right... there's two Colins in this thread ;)