Mothers Day poker question

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So, I won a ticket to the bovada 100K and am wondering about the pros and cons of waiting till Mothers day, the 12th of May, to play it rather than this upcoming Sunday?

Pros? Cons?

hobonc

hobonc

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I were you I would ask my mother what she thought, lol. Or are you thinking the Mother's Day tourney may have a smaller field? If that is your thinking then I really doubt the difference will be enough to matter.

LuckyChippy

LuckyChippy

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hAEC3F8E5

C

cander128

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The 100k will have more than enough enter to cover plus any day you choose to play it. Buy mom a bottle of what she likes because you are likely the reason she drinks.

arahel_jazz

arahel_jazz

Unbalanced and Committed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You're just askin' for trouble if you play it on Mother's Day.... just sayin.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My momma is long gone :(. It's everyone else's momma that might make for an opportunity with smaller fields, and kids trying to sneak the game in while being forced to attend a dinner or some such.

TheKid84

TheKid84

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think the Mother's Day tournament will be too terribly different of a number than a normal day honestly.

You could always wait til Mother's Day and see what the numbers are like. If they're lower to your liking, join away. If not, do it on another day when you're comfortable.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I don't think the Mother's Day tournament will be too terribly different of a number than a normal day honestly.
Field might have a few less "Momma's Boys" in it.

I'd say don't play the $100k on Mother's Day... you want those passive Momma's Boys in the field.

MasterOfDisaster

MasterOfDisaster

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Didn't know I was passive :D