Monster stack madness lol

calicard

calicard

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Today I was in the 25 cent buy in on cake. I do really well in these. Any ways we were at the FT there was 8 of us.Lot of good play but short stacks had to shove with whatever or blind out. I was chip leader with about 240,000 chips. The player To my right had about 200,000 the rest were under 100,000 a couple were very short with blinds at6 6,000 it was getting to be shove time for them. I was utg and dealt AK I reraise big 50,000 pre get 3 callers they were all in the dude on my right called. Flop comes AAK dude shoves all in he shows KK I'm like bummer for him. any ways that wiped the table out with 3 players left 1 sit out and another guy. they both had 80,000 chips I knew the prize money was significant enough between first and second that dude wanted sit out gone before he moved. So I start blasting all in every hand it gets down to where he has 30,000 he is about 2,000 ahead of the sit out so he's guaranteed second place. He finally calls one he has AA he wins. that puts him about 70,000 so what to I do I fold my SB to the sit out and blast all in when he has chips in. I wanted him as short as possible when it came heads up. I finally took the sitter out and it left him with 437 chips for the last hand I won and it was over. Do you think what I did was ethically or morally wrong ? I kinda feel bad about it.

jbbb

jbbb

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No - abusing ICM is what tournies are about.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Just curious here,.. how do we 're-raise' when opening from UTG? And, why open-raise to 50k when blinds are 6k?

calicard

calicard

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Explanation of hand

Just curious here,.. how do we 're-raise' when opening from UTG? And, why open-raise to 50k when blinds are 6k?

The reraise was a typo I meant to say raised. As far as raising to 50,000 pre if you knew how the guy to my right was playing you would most likely understand. His favorite hand types to play were any two suited.He had been seeing and stealing or winning a lot of pots with crap against good hands Honestly I did not want him in the hand at all. AK is only good if an ace hits and then only sometimes. I could suffer the loss of any of the smaller stacks but if he hit with some crap then I would be in serious trouble. When he called I was surprised I knew if I had bet the 3 times the BB he would with any 2 cards he had, but when I bet 8 times BB and he called I was shocked. It just so happened he had a really gh. He was probably in hog heaven when he seen the AAK flop. But I'm sure once he seen the cards turn over he was cussing and cursing and bleeping.

Arjonius

Arjonius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There's no ethical question. If an opponent is going to auto-fold in order to move up the pay ladder, it's silly not to bet every hand.

D

dlam

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wtf that is playing poker man
Way to go what's unethical about wanting to win within the rules?
I had a similiar situation
Huge chip lead with 3 players left. The other player were middle and short stack. My stragety was let them play but both passive and so I got involved in stealing blinds.