Was that a misclick? Or just not enough experience in poker?

H

hrix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played a little tournament and that happened. I had 77 and the cards on the board were A K 10 J Q (straight to both players with no flush possibilities). I just raised a little, as we both had straight and then the opp just... FOLDED. I asked him - why? And he just answered: lol.
So, how do you think what it could be? :)

tony4680

tony4680

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
probably worried you had the 9 or deuce

RichL

RichL

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
as steveiam said, maybe they didn't understand what was going on !

Brodermatt

Brodermatt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played a little tournament and that happened. I had 77 and the cards on the board were A K 10 J Q (straight to both players with no flush possibilities). I just raised a little, as we both had straight and then the opp just... FOLDED. I asked him - why? And he just answered: lol.
So, how do you think what it could be? :)

Wow this happened to me too. Straight on the board and there were no flush draws! There were 3 of us in the hand. Villain 1 min bet, I call, villain 2 thinks for a bit then folds.

The whole table started laughing.

He had a decent stack to, mind you that was only due to all in donkey shoves and hitting with his yucky cards.

H

hrix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow this happened to me too. Straight on the board and there were no flush draws! There were 3 of us in the hand. Villain 1 min bet, I call, villain 2 thinks for a bit then folds.

The whole table started laughing.

He had a decent stack to, mind you that was only due to all in donkey shoves and hitting with his yucky cards.

And what your opponent said about this fold? Did he get the idea that he should call?
I wonder what my opp was thinking about. :) Probably, he understood his mistake later :)

Brodermatt

Brodermatt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And what your opponent said about this fold? Did he get the idea that he should call?
I wonder what my opp was thinking about. :) Probably, he understood his mistake later :)

He didn't anything at all. He must of realized that he stuffed up though because he shoved all in the next hand and busted out. He had Ace rag.

lovemiscou

lovemiscou

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
He was probably an inexperienced player. Some thing similar happenned to me on zynga. The board was 10 10 10 10 ace so i just shove all in it was a very big over bet, i guess it scared the vilain and he folded lol

H

hrix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He was probably an inexperienced player. Some thing similar happenned to me on zynga. The board was 10 10 10 10 ace so i just shove all in it was a very big over bet, i guess it scared the vilain and he folded lol

Zynga? Is it that platform where people go all-in with 10 5 offsuited? Haha

Brodermatt

Brodermatt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I remember playing pub poker, board came out A, A, A, A, 3. I was holding a K. There were 4 all ins and I was last to act. I don't think they realized that a kicker came into play with this board. 2 of them had pocket pairs!

I was just licking my lips. Maybe it does come down to inexperience!

H

hrix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I remember playing pub poker, board came out A, A, A, A, 3. I was holding a K. There were 4 all ins and I was last to act. I don't think they realized that a kicker came into play with this board. 2 of them had pocket pairs!

I was just licking my lips. Maybe it does come down to inexperience!

Had the same on FTP. Board came out AAA and I was trying to bluff. I raised big amount of chips. One man raised allin and I don't know why but I called. Then flop - another A. Turn - 6.
I had Q 10. My opponent - 99.
He called me an idiot who can not bluff good, and that my game is readable.
That call from my side was idiotic, but I won haha.

L

locha2013

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe the unexperienced dont know the rules exactly, but i soopose that was a missclick akqj10 to fold. Yes i know the card 55558 and i have an ace, im only lucky when this happens. I dont know why but many people go all in when this card is on the board. I have experienced it about four times and three times i won.

Snakmacher

Snakmacher

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some people doesnt know that straight is shared because they might played elsewhere where it is not shared and it depends of kicker you have... - I played on such site once not for cash just for fun - special arrangement saying that flush and straight on board doesnt share but the player with higher kicker wins... Page from page differs and some of them might have different rules.. Honestly I played on one page where if came 6 6 6 6 10 on board and for example player A had QQ and player B had 10 A than it wasn't split but player A won having poker and a pair with 10 kicker...

C

cpgd176

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well he might have been multi-tabling and maybe didn't even see the straight on board. These players just click buttons, and depending how many tables he was playing, make some bad calls/folds. Also very likely is was a misclick.

R

RaisingYa

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have had this happen before also. I have misclicked both ways. Folded on accident and called on accident. I have also folded to a board straight simply because I was not paying attention. Usually this would happen if I were playing a ton of tables and didn't have time to invest much thought at each table. I think in this case generally he made a mistake he knew about since he wrote lol in reply.

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
was playing a $1,000 live tourney. board runs out KJT9Q no flushes.

Player A bets the pot (playing the board when her flopped 2 pair were counterfeited), Player B just CALLS with her Ace for a better straight. There were only 2 people in the hand and player B had the stone cold nuts and had position.

The floor was called and Player B was issued a 1 round penalty for failing to bet the nuts; and in her own efense she kept saying "I knew a worse hand wouldn't call my raise"

duh.....so what? why not at least try and extract some value with the nuts?

she was adamant that her logic was correct and she was beyond pissed about her penalty.

I couldn't figure out if she was inexperienced or just an imbecile....

loafes

loafes

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
was playing a $1,000 live tourney. board runs out KJT9Q no flushes.

Player A bets the pot (playing the board when her flopped 2 pair were counterfeited), Player B just CALLS with her Ace for a better straight. There were only 2 people in the hand and player B had the stone cold nuts and had position.

The floor was called and Player B was issued a 1 round penalty for failing to bet the nuts; and in her own efense she kept saying "I knew a worse hand wouldn't call my raise"

duh.....so what? why not at least try and extract some value with the nuts?

she was adamant that her logic was correct and she was beyond pissed about her penalty.

I couldn't figure out if she was inexperienced or just an imbecile....

Seems unfair of the floor to penalize a player just for being stupid/inexperienced.

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Seems unfair of the floor to penalize a player just for being stupid/inexperienced.

regardless, it is a rule that you must bet the nuts on the river if you close the action.

it is to prevent collusion/soft play

as it turns out, both girls were from vancouver, BC so it is plausible there might have been some softplay going on.

woohoo sue

woohoo sue

Brings Laughter
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
i vote ...he didnt pay good attention and folded without thinking.....maybe he thought there was a flush(misread board). always good to bet there incase u can get a share out of the pot. GG

H

houtlijm

Enthusiast
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
maybe he misread the board and thought there were flush possibilities