Status
Not open for further replies.
mrmonkey

mrmonkey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This will be my first foray into miniFTOPS -- I used a bunch of my points and cashed them in for tickets while FTP was running their relaunch store sale. Anyone else going to be playing in these?

As I'm primarily a cash player (but have done a little studying/tinkering with MTTs), any advice for a first-timer to events like these? In past series, did these tend to have their fair share of fish (myself notwithstanding) in them?

I'm scheduling myself for 9 events in total -- will be starting with event #1 and will be finishing off the series with the Main Event.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Guessing there'll be a mix - - lots of donks cuz of lots of satties but also lots of regs. because of 'multi-entry' & because there's lots of donks.
I'm going to try 3 entries in #1 with fingers crossed. Would be fun to play in a bunch of the events but I doubt I'll be able to.

mrmonkey

mrmonkey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, the multi-entry #1 and ME have me at a bit of a crossroads. Moreso event #1, because conceivably I could use 3 tix on that one instead of spreading out to more tourneys and losing out on time efficiency. Also, it looks like there might be a pretty big layover on event #1... unless there's just a huge number of late reg.

I'll probably just use one bullet and pray. Multi-regging in these is probably at best EV neutral for me. I really have little expectations when I play these kinds of MTT other than to try to learn and make the best of what little skill I have in them and hope for a miracle cash.

GL PO, I hope you knock it outta the ballpark and find your 5-figure cash today!

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Thanks Mr. M.
Changed my plan & am now only playing two entries for #1 (saving a ticket for a different event instead). My home has been very chaotic this morning & am finding it real difficult to focus.

Good Luck to you!!

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Busto fairly early on both entries in #1 yesterday. Last one kinda sucked - after 2nd break (Level 12) .. 65bb pot aipf TT v AQs v 66
66 limp/calls my 3bai and LP's 'flat' .. they turned a gutshot draw & got there on river :(
Got to watch g/f going deep in it (she was in top10-20 for a few hours) but ended up going out 212th

Playing one entry in MiniFtops #3 today ($109 MET) & still in it at 2nd break!!
currently sitting 172nd /2,099

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
still in at 3rd break >> lots of big laydowns :(
Adam Geyer is 2seats to my left (over $1mil profit on FTP) & has been folding his BB to my Btn raises :) ... but two fish beside him, calling down w junk & hitting miracles. Need to get lucky soon!

Cheevaman

Cheevaman

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
man i want to play this!!

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts