Looking for easy sng to build some bankroll

B

BaZzZoO

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you guys have any advice on wich sng's are the easiest for a new player?
I play on 888 at the moment
Thanks

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
well, I don't play 888. I play Carbon and Bovada.

but generally DoNs and triple ups are the "easiest" to build a bankroll with.

I personally like $2-5 turbo SnGs

I don't know why I like the turbos....because in MTT I despise turbos....but for some reason in SnGs I think the flow of a turbo is good. I get a little bored in a standard length SnG and, IMO the main skill of a SnG is push-fold-call ranges at the bubble. it seems to me like turbos the bubble coincides nicely with the ideal shoving stack.

D

DonkeyH3AD

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't know why I like the turbos....because in MTT I despise turbos....but for some reason in SnGs I think the flow of a turbo is good. I get a little bored in a standard length SnG and, IMO the main skill of a SnG is push-fold-call ranges at the bubble. it seems to me like turbos the bubble coincides nicely with the ideal shoving stack.
Yes I think it is waste of time playing normal tournaments about 3-4 hours You can earn much more money in less time playing turbos lots of donkeys there on low buyins tour :D .

Check full flush there are good freerolls also from CC
and two daily highnoon freerolls with 100$ first for europe second for all

Wish CC freeroll will be turbo in future that would be great

L

locha2013

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I myself also like the Double or Nothings. I think it's the easiest way to make some money. The problem is that it becomes more risky when you want to win more money and the DoNs becoming quickly boring.

L

lilnewtdog

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't so well in double ups in the long run I pretty much rather finish top 3 or 6 and up. If you're a player like that stick to regular prize structures you'll make more.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Yes I think it is waste of time playing normal tournaments about 3-4 hours You can earn much more money in less time playing turbos lots of donkeys there on low buyins tour :D .

Check full flush there are good freerolls also from CC
and two daily highnoon freerolls with 100$ first for europe second for all

Yes I agree it would be nice if done yet and Turbo tournaments.

Not sure how this attempts to answer OP's question?

OP plays on 888Poker, is a new player (or 'new' to SNG's).

As mentioned, DoN's (Double-or-Nothing) SNG's are probably your easiest to start out with. Keep in mind though, the strategy involved in this format will differ from other SNG formats due to the flat payout structure (everyone who gets in the money wins the same amount).
Fortunately, many other newer players are also drawn to playing DoNs with many making alot of errors.

I'd recommend reading a DoN strategy article/thread, to get yourself more accustomed to the differences you'll need to keep in mind while playing in them.

If you find you dislike playing in the DoN's, then I'd suggest playing a 9-man 'regular speed' SNG to get you started.

There's a large number of gimmicky SNG's on 888Poker & the lobby filters are close to non-existent. I'd stay away from stuff like SuperTurbos

BearPlay

BearPlay

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I built my bankrolls almost entirely from Double Or Nothing's.

Agree with PO, if you are to play these, you definitely need to learn an effective strategy. Playing them like a traditional SNG would be an error.

Good luck ;)

DonV73

DonV73

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes I think it is waste of time playing normal tournaments about 3-4 hours

I don't agree. CC Please NEVER EVER change to turbo's :(

suit2please

suit2please

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
While I can agree that DoNs are rather easy they are also extremely boring and not good for learning poker, well except for DoN poker.

I would have to say regular speed 9 person SnGs are a good place to start.

L

LMelo1

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
well, Im play 888. I play double or not I think this are the "easiest" to build a bankroll.

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management