Longest losing run in SnG's

steveiam

steveiam

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What has been your longest loosing run in SnG's and i mean no cash's. Just had my worst run of 7 no cash's which i don't think is to bad. Anybody with some complete horror's ?

J

jj20002

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What has been your longest loosing run in SnG's and i mean no cash's. Just had my worst run of 7 no cash's which i don't think is to bad. Anybody with some complete horror's ?

well i´ve played 0.10 and 0.50 in pokerstars, is turbo, blinds go up every 3 minutes, so i think the variance is greater, so i´ve been in winning streaks or sessions, like 15 cash out 20 or something like that, but recently i´ve been like 5 cash out of 50 or something, i don´t take notes (i should) about my streaks but it feels really bad when one is involved in a cold one, and by the other hand one feels great when in a hot streak, so patience is the key of poker

I

invisile

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my record is 17, but i play mostly multitable SnGs:eek:

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ugggghhhh...I'm in the middle of my longest SnG run bad right now and I'm at 7 straight losses....so I'm hoping that'll be my record ....we'll find out soon... in the last 12 I've played I've only gotten 3rd once and 1st once....pretty darn bad for me....

I've had other pretty bad runs where out of 16 I'll only get 3rd/min cash in like 2 of them....that's also pretty disheartening....

L

locha2013

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My baddest run was a loose at a 50$ and a 25$ Double or Nothing at the same time.

Salvete777

Salvete777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How much I remember, my "record" is 8 looses in a row.

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yuck, my bad run continues. 9 in a row lost and only 1 3rd place finish out of last 15.....

blah. get it in with top 2, get called by a gutshot and I have 1 of their 4 outs and they hit it...

get it in short stacked with AQs get called by T2s in their BB, flop an A....then runner runner flush for villain

etc
etc

I know it's just standard variance, but it starts to get in your head a bit...makes you wonder if you all of a sudden started sucking at poker...

Propane Goat

Propane Goat

Grinder and paint make me the welder I ain't
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
sharkscope puts my max losing streak at 18 on Carbon:eek:, shows what trying to grind $0.11 hypers with no clue will do.

At this point, I think that record *might* stand for a while, especially since they took out the $0.11 games and all I've been playing on there are DoN's, and I really doubt I'm going to lose 19 of those in a row anytime soon.

abzdolc

abzdolc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
7 sng, in 3 I make mistakes, and 4 coolers lile street to full house, street to 4 of a kind etc...

Arjonius

Arjonius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
From what I recall from back when I used to play more STTs, my longest streak not cashing was only about 5 or 6. This was in 9- and 10-man at $5.50 or less.

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
From what I recall from back when I used to play more STTs, my longest streak not cashing was only about 5 or 6. This was in 9- and 10-man at $5.50 or less.
In STT hyper if dawnstreak can 15-20 will not cashing easy , very variance structure :mad:

helpspb

helpspb

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
around 9-10 without cash, but they were hyper-turbos, so that can be tough at times

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
broke the streak!

2 first place finishes almost brings me up to even for the last 20....

steveiam

steveiam

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think at 35 loses in a row i would be thinking of doing something else..lol. were you multi tabling.?

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think at 35 loses in a row i would be thinking of doing something else..lol. were you multi tabling.?

yeah, think i played around 15-20 tables, i actually handled losing streaks better than winning ones, lol.

steveiam

steveiam

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I only tend to play 3 or 4 tables so that is probably why my losing streaks are lower.

playtheman

playtheman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me its like win 1, lose 2, finish just getting my money back, lose, win 2.
Come 3rd and then lose again. (this is roughly it)

My money goes up 2 dollars down 2 dollars, up 10 down 10.

been flat lining for a few weeks,

edit back in the money right now 4 left 10 man

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just checked my life time sng's, longest streak without a single cash is 29.

Since I've been playing 6 max hyper turbo SnG's, this year - 2.5k sample or something my biggest no cash streak is 14 but imagine this will become much higher at some stage.

B

Bentley540

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mines 9!

Considering I've been playing them for 3 years and they are pretty much all I play (other than the odd cash and tournament) I think that's pretty good

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I seem to cash 1 out of 3 tables, I don't play enough to count how many times I am actually on a losing streak.

I am starting to play the Jakarta's on Titan again, these are only like 8 to 9p a game, I was looking for a bigger BI but no-one was playing them. The traffic on Titan in unbelievably baaaadd!!

I will see how many times I will cash in them.

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
broke the streak!

2 first place finishes almost brings me up to even for the last 20....

I am so glad you broke your losing streak as I know how disheartening it really is.

As I am no-where near the standard to consider myself as a good player yet, I tend to think how bad I am when I don't cash. Sometimes I don't cash because of mistakes I have made in the game, that's why I don't consider myself a good player. Other times you don't cash because of bad beats.

I know you can play it perfectly and still wont cash, that's just poker.

When I do actually run great, I think I am improving my overall game but it just turned out I was being a luckbox :D

T

trent32la

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've gone on a streak of 10 straight SNGs without a cash before......however they were hypers which are very high variance games.......nonetheless I once went on a streak on Carbon where I cashed in 13 straight $5.50 hypers somehow lol....the important thing tho is to not tilt after going on losing streaks.....It will only make it worse

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Just lost two on the trot, last hand I was QQ on a AAx board. Hoping villain was not on Ace win, turned out she hadn't but still had better than me KK :D

I can't remember when I last won holding QQ, its been that long lol :D