The logic behind this SB push with 38o?

P

Preshove

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello!

I have some questions i would like to get answered.

I played a 180 tournament and the blinds were 500/1000
20 players left. 27 places are payed so we are in the money.

I am in BB and i have AQo 7000 in chips
SB have 38o 86000 in chips.

And he pushes.

ICMIZER says that every two cards are right to push. IS that because the fold equity is so huge or whats up with that?

AND why is HM2 telling me that his range is 26.7? Does this mean the range he should push or those it read how loose he is?

THANKS!

P

polda

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
BVB 10BB effective and less is any two cards push +EV

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes fold equity is a big one. But also your stack connot hurt the shover meaning there is no downside to the equation. Or the downside of t mhe equation is very small compared to the gains and folding equity he has plus the fact that even when you call him he still has equity vs your range.

So you should be calling him very wide. If you know hes an atc shover you can call with around 60 to 70 percent of hands as rough guess.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
with icm he can shove any 2 cards because it will be difficult for you to call(fold equity) and his 38o when called will win enough to make it ev positive

P

Preshove

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the answers.

But why does it says "X pushes 27.9" in HM2? Does that mean what he actually pushes or what he should push? BUt the last option is wrong as we have figured out now. Any 2 are right

L

lucky1956

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
once in money

untill were down to finall table or 20 people or less i wont play.i will only play when i am ahead at end tourment were there 20 people left justenough to win pot to stay alive to fina; table.when sit out,untill i am out of chips.the higher place u adavaence to by siting out end pay more money.

I

imnedim

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
He just tryed to steal big blind cause he's big stack and he can kick u out of the tournamet so he puts pressure on you..

sandund

sandund

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Actually, player in position as SB was, can play all in with 3,8 against any two cards including pair of Aces, and win with the full house or something. It happens a lot in online poker and SB know that. ;)

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the answers.

But why does it says "X pushes 27.9" in HM2? Does that mean what he actually pushes or what he should push? BUt the last option is wrong as we have figured out now. Any 2 are right

Post a screenie. Im not sure what you are talking about

M

mads2206

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
seems like the most think the shove is standard. if i had the 38o i would had folded it for sure.. is it +EV to shove 27of aswell?

Sil3ntness

Sil3ntness

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
seems like the most think the shove is standard. if i had the 38o i would had folded it for sure.. is it +EV to shove 27of aswell?

Depends on the situation.

Are we on the money bubble? What's our table image? Is the BB captain nitty or itching to shove at any moment. 27o sure looks like pocket aces to the nitty BB that only has 7 BB and has 49o.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With bb being so short and sb having so many chips this if we have any fold equity at all its always an atc jam. But you dont have to shove the bottom 10percent or so. You can also limp with the intention of betting any flop or raise/fold if and only if the bb is super nitty.

N

nygmen2007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I understand the push because it is a 50 50 chance you will have nothing, and not want to risk your tournament on that hand. It is not even for a large part of his stack. I hope you calle and won the hand at least..

S

scooba13

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm new to ICMizer, push fold charts - I'm trying to figure out how/why ATC is an auto shove for the SB with 7BB effective stacks.

My reading of pushfoldcharts.com is that there are some hands including 83o that the SB would not shove - but is that because of the assumed payout structure in these charts?

But I can't figure out how to use ICMizer or holdemresources to calculate ranges when there are still 3 full tables in play and top 20 get paid - can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks.

C

cyclone45

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wouldn't shove with 83o with 7 BB..I only shove if I need to or have a monster. Why shove with nothing?