Limit Hold`em

ARGNahue

ARGNahue

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi all , Recently I won a ticket to a tournament Hold`em limit , but the issue is that ever played in that mode . Someone would kindly explain the strategy? Since I guess there will be even more fishes that in no limit tournaments , of course, thank you very much !

Note : I consider myself a Tight Aggressive player .

A

ATOMs01

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I play limit hold'em, try small blinds to play almost every hand.On the big blind I think you should not play weak hands.But if the pocket card hand is strong,then raise.

LinkornU

LinkornU

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try to play more draws. In multi pots don't hesitate to fold your pocket AA if a board texture is too danderous.

W

wowasenotrusov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
here and play here in a tight aggressive style. Join the game with strong hands. in late position acting out of the pot odds. you will often call.

exidas

exidas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play many hands or wait for big blinds and agressive wount help you here :)

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
-Expect to be a loose table always.

-Surrender your hand if the board is very dangerous.

-pot odds is always present.

F

floweryhead

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play mostly post flop as you have no leverage like shoving it's more to do with card value. bluffing has very little value in limit holdem. I now play around 2k hands per day and it took a long time to realise that your starting hands are very different from NLHE.

soulkurt

soulkurt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Always give me wrong with donkeys in limit
I avoid playing but once in a while I play

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Since the bet are structured you will be playing way more mult-way pots. You can play a lot of suited connectors and small pocket pairs in position, which play well in these situations. AK goes down in valve. Bet for valve and bluff less. One important thing to remember is no one is folding for 1 bet, so expect to see some pretty thin calls. Knowing your odds of winning are also very important.

http://livelowlimitpoker.blogspot.com/

tARsh

tARsh

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tend to wait until later levels and try and get into 2-3 way pots (myself included).
Suited connectors early can appear appealing but you are going to get loads of chasers even on backdoor draws so I generally avoid them unless in position with a strong setup.
Expect capped betting on most streets for the first and even mid levels.
People will call on rag boards with even like J10 for a runner runner flush or strait.
If you can consider unregistering and using the $T or ticket to a NL mtt if you aren't comfortable with FL.
I find too that there is a bigger disparity in FL stakes when it comes to the quality of players than in NL. Bad low limit players in small stakes are often far worse than NL low stakes players and have selected this game in order to chase and see more boards thus getting more poor play per $ wagered.

I agree completely with 12551255 about PPs set mining is great here as especially early you are paying a max of 4 BBs to hit your set.
With the SCs yes, but as I said earlier; be careful you are looking for nut hands with these as you are going to get called by any pair or better and tp or even 2 pairs are extremely vulnerable when 2-4 people are calling to the river.

GL I hope you ship.

Question for flowery; I infer you are talking about FL cash games? In particular short handed?

Edit- in regards to you being TAG as someone said above AK is a LOT less valuable here - Take that to heart, AJ-AK should be played as drawing hands more than ever.
Oh and I like hffjd200's summary as well. When you keep in mind that when drawing you are going to often have to call the 4th bet if it's more than a Headsup pot.
With a great hand HU the check raise on the flop oftne works and then bet into them on turn and river if you are made. Often the max BBs you can garner

G

Geldi

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think Limit Hold'em is not a good option because it does not scare the opponent and not big winnings

G

Geldi

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
limit Hold'em

Who else is playing limit hold'em? I played a couple of times and I can not get to the prize table. Can someone share the experience.

W

wowasenotrusov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
try to play tight. play until the end of the distribution on the pot odds. on your hands nothing is reset.

jazzaxe

jazzaxe

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You need to know pot odds and break even percentage on your hand odds since you will have more draws in play post flop. Most limit players will play these percentages.

D

DoctorDonLoL

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i find limit poker easier for me
because i cant go all in and lose my chips easily
but i find it more boring