T

telboy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What are the pros & cons of registering late in tournaments
I always register at the time the tournaments start but find it really hard when late entries are allowed until through level 12 on full tilt
Is it best to register late

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on the strucutre.

I mean, if you are a good deep player, then it makes sense to reg on time as your edge is bigger.

Personally, I aim to reg early or within the first 30mins because this is where most of the fishy players are and you get the bigger edge.

I do reg some tournaments late though like I say..there's no real advantage to regging late unless you love short stack poker and varience.

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on the strucutre.

I mean, if you are a good deep player, then it makes sense to reg on time as your edge is bigger.

Personally, I aim to reg early or within the first 30mins because this is where most of the fishy players are and you get the bigger edge.

I do reg some tournaments late though like I say..there's no real advantage to regging late unless you love short stack poker and varience.
i love registering literally 10 mins before late finishes. all i do is wait till i am in the right spot and shove with any goodlooking hand. usually i double up instantly and am more or less at average stack and just saved myself 2 hours of boredom. of course i need a few more double ups but its better than waiting 2 hours just to get eliminated before late registration ends. another perk of late registration is that ur already pretty close to the bubble .

SyKoChiller

SyKoChiller

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you are much better off registering before start time. Waiting till the last min will only force you to play bad hands in order to catch up with others and keep pace with the blinds and antes at those higher late reg levels.

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i love registering literally 10 mins before late finishes. all i do is wait till i am in the right spot and shove with any goodlooking hand. usually i double up instantly and am more or less at average stack and just saved myself 2 hours of boredom. of course i need a few more double ups but its better than waiting 2 hours just to get eliminated before late registration ends. another perk of late registration is that ur already pretty close to the bubble .

Yeah - I just think you lose a ton of edge by regging late because you're shorter and don't have time to build a stack.

I hope you don't plan on late regging the sunday million tommmorow ;)

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah - I just think you lose a ton of edge by regging late because you're shorter and don't have time to build a stack.

I hope you don't plan on late regging the sunday million tommmorow ;)
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA.lmfao. no man, im going to be there on time with coffee, redbull, stress reducers, you name it. ill be there counting down the beginning of the tourney like its a newyears countdown or smthng. lol. good luck ram. im sure you will do well.:hello:

bezobrazny

bezobrazny

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

This is pretty close how I thinking. Late reg. prolong duration of the tournMent and for my focus is tbe best when I reg. in few min. before reg ends. Fast double up, sharp mind Nd still a lot to play.:D

Rappyness

Rappyness

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would prefer regular registration than late register but it depends. If its only the 10-30 mins late registration I believe it wouldn't make much of a difference. But if it is the 1 hour or more late registration thats where it would be better to register before.

T

TIMNILES44

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
why register late then your always playing catch up ,you almost always get forced into playing a hand or hands that you normally wouldnt play.

masondub

masondub

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If i am entering a tournament i always register on time. I dont think there should be late registration.. but hey thats just me. I guess players dont like playing in a tournament for a few hours so they register late and hope for a double up quick, which they would need to do considering people have already doubled, tripled and quadupled up by the end of late registration.

dino

dino

10 cevapcici = 0 stress
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I like to reg on time, just to catch some bad players and have chips for later on

Tom1559

Tom1559

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is a feature of most poker sites now. I do not mind sensible late reg up to say 60 minutes but I do not follow the logic of 120 minutes plus.

dadsrus

dadsrus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Where there is late reg means there is a rebuy beware lol I myself like to play at the start of tournys as to catch the fish early and take notes on the players i'll be facing ITM and try only to buyin once with addoon . I find myself picking on players that join late reg as to eat thier stack and elimate them fast guess they are hoping to double up on my hard work. Most times the blinds rise faster then the premium hands come for late reg'ers

z28_RoadRage

z28_RoadRage

Road Warrior
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I register as late as possible, yes I've missed a few cause of being on another table and registration closes on me.

Normally I still have at least 15-20 BB's and antes have not started, so it doesn't take too long to double up and go from there.

needaGF

needaGF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I agree with you... When I register on time and 30 min later find that I am below the start chips, I will regret the efforts I have spent...

needaGF

needaGF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

But actually, have you done any statistics on the winning percentage of your all-ins?

XXPXXP

XXPXXP

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What are the pros & cons of registering late in tournaments
I always register at the time the tournaments start but find it really hard when late entries are allowed until through level 12 on full tilt
Is it best to register late
it does not matter what time you register the tournament!
but it does matter how are u planning to win the game!

obv the advantages of late registration is easy game, just double or nothing, since stack is very short!

but the advantages of registering at early stage of the game start-up is you have deep deep stack, and you are have more hands opportunity to build ur stack -- definitely you may lose your entire stack:rolleyes:

so there is not really good or bad to register late or earlier.
weigh the advantages and disadvantages by yourself, and make the best choice.:rolleyes:

steveiam

steveiam

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would only register up to 30 mins late and look to increase stack quickly.

D

dragonflyamb

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never register late deliberately, but it's nice to have available if I forget a start time and remember 10-15 minutes after the start. I don't understand players who come in right at the end of 65 minute late registration when the tournament is already in the middle of the fifth blind level. You're short stacked from the get go.

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
But actually, have you done any statistics on the winning percentage of your all-ins?
not really. but assume you join after 118 minutes( 2 minutes before it closes)
most tourneys on stars have 10 minute blinds and 3000 chip starting stacks.

well, if you join at the time i said above the evarage stack will be around 7000 or 8000 so u will need 2 double ups pronto or a few all-ins to get everyone to fold and then a double up cause the blinds are so high that even if you can steal a couple of blinds ur good. im not saying its the best thing to do. of course your very likely to lose, but if u can win a couple of flips, youll be in the money before you know it. i dont advertise late registration and i dont do it all the time.

i just do it in cheap tourneys( up to 6 dollars) and thats about it. anything above that, i take more seriously.

P.S: your nickname is hillarious.

needaGF

needaGF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
not really. but assume you join after 118 minutes( 2 minutes before it closes)
most tourneys on stars have 10 minute blinds and 3000 chip starting stacks.

well, if you join at the time i said above the evarage stack will be around 7000 or 8000 so u will need 2 double ups pronto or a few all-ins to get everyone to fold and then a double up cause the blinds are so high that even if you can steal a couple of blinds ur good. im not saying its the best thing to do. of course your very likely to lose, but if u can win a couple of flips, youll be in the money before you know it. i dont advertise late registration and i dont do it all the time.

i just do it in cheap tourneys( up to 6 dollars) and thats about it. anything above that, i take more seriously.

P.S: your nickname is hillarious.

Yeah I need a GF so badly...

When I have time I will try to late reg more tourneys to see the results. Every time among the Bovada 100K ft players there is a 8xx who is a late reg player.

Lucothefish

Lucothefish

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like registering late unless it's a rebuy

aa88wildbill

aa88wildbill

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm a fan of Late Regs, or Rebuys. If you get in the tournament late, you're fighting an uphill battle against much bigger stacks. I understand why they do it, to get as much money in the tournament has they can. Just not a fan!

aa88wildbill

aa88wildbill

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Excuse me, speech recognition program messing up again, change to, I'm not a fan.

caintain

caintain

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
late reg on rebuy MTT works well for me most of the time but i don't like to buy into freezeouts late.
don't really like 120 min LR just makes for more flys to swat ;)