KQo UTG

Bob23bk

Bob23bk

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Easy fold (in a vacuum)... If you're chip lead maybe, though I'd prefer a limp here (suspicious, unlikely to be raised pre-flop)

A

Ambur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In this situation: If hero are not going to bet/call preflop he/she should just fold preflop or go AI (possible, since you are pretty close to the point where i just shove). Sorry never will happen bet/fold with 14bb left. imo

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only shove preflop, in game very more players with 10bb or less, if you raise and someone shove you already have good pot odds for call vs many players. But when shove first, you have fold equity and most of the time will be coinflip if you get call.

4soul

4soul

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you planning to make more money in short time with volume i advice you to fold in utg this kind of cards QK, AJ , KJ, AT and smaller pair than 88....this will minimized your loosing money with 80%.

JohnCPoker17

JohnCPoker17

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you planning to make more money in short time with volume i advice you to fold in utg this kind of cards QK, AJ , KJ, AT and smaller pair than 88....this will minimized your loosing money with 80%.

Agreed 100% especially given how close the stacks are, best game plan would be to aggressive in late position to chip up vs. playin g mediocre hands early position.

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have to evaluate the table. Is it loose or tight?

Just think of it, will KQo steals the pot passing 8 players left to act?

B

bbiase

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
6-max is an easy raise.

Deep stacked in the bubble is an easy raise.

K

K1CRA

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Easy fold if you have average or smaller stack.. But with chip lead or just with big stack I think min raise is fine here and fold to all in or big 3-bet!

Delvuter

Delvuter

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Considering the Gap Concept any late position small stack is only going go AI w/ QQ+ or AQ+ to early position bet. You said all the fish were out so he is range savvy and basically said you were beat w/ his shove. Fold, and that's not IMO, that's a fact.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
since the ante is in play and our stack is relatively short, if we decide to play this hand our best move is to just shove all in preflop.

S

sunshine0410

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also recommend to fold hands like AJ and KQ in EP.

B

bremensha

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
KQ + AJ without ante isn't worth to play at a full table. Being a little bit short stacked too your play here is ok.
At 6max a min raise would be fine. Being short stacked I would shove of course.

ghOst

ghOst

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Holdem Calc says this is profitable in a vacuum. In game I'm thinking raise and get out if the big stacks want a lot of action and call the short stack shoves.

Is this correct?

https://www.weaktight.com/h/55691cc6a525116657909e16

I'm not too fond of raising UTG because you won't know where you stand on multiple calls and on the flop being out of position. These is where you should limp in and fold to shove.

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The thing is, KQ is still a drawing hand.

Without hitting on the board, your hand is just a king high.