Just a sickening hand

W

Weissr

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just a sickening hand.... A win here would have almost guaranteed a cash (ticket)

Table #46884939 - Tournament #26662214 Table #1
Starting Hand #2176086140
Start time of hand: 25 Sep 2012 23:06:57
Last Hand #2176085416
Game Type: HOLD'EM
Limit Type: NO LIMIT
Table Type: TOURNAMENT
Money Type: TOURNAMENT CHIPS
Blinds are now 30 / 60
Button is at seat 6
Seat 1: DarkRa1se - 4,385
Seat 3: Weissr - 1,890
Seat 4: Michaela31 - 2,300
Seat 5: DivideandConquor - 3,503
Seat 6: acesmthfkr1 - 1,942
Shuffling Deck
Moving Button to seat 1
Weissr posts small blind (30)
Michaela31 posts big blind (60)
Dealing Cards
Dealing [Q c][K c] to Weissr
DivideandConquor raises to 210
acesmthfkr1 folds
DarkRa1se folds
Weissr calls 210
Michaela31 folds
Pot sizes: 480
Dealing Flop [T c][9 c][6 c]
Weissr checks
DivideandConquor bets 240
Weissr calls 240
Pot sizes: 960
Dealing Turn [4 s]
Weissr checks
DivideandConquor bets 480
Weissr calls 480
Pot sizes: 1,920
Dealing River [3 c]
Weissr checks
DivideandConquor bets 960
Weissr calls 960 (all-in)
Pot sizes: 3,840
Weissr shows [Q c][K c]
DivideandConquor shows [A d][A c]

Weissr has Flush, King hugh
DivideandConquor has Flush, Ace high
DivideandConquor wins 3,840 with: Flush, Ace high
Seat 1: DarkRa1se - 4,385
Seat 3: Weissr - 0
Seat 4: Michaela31 - 2,240
Seat 5: DivideandConquor - 5,453
Seat 6: acesmthfkr1 - 1,942
End of Hand #2176086140

Last edited:
duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
r/c flop or jam turn, or 3bet shove pre

Reptar7

Reptar7

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
unlucky, but this has happened to me several times.

S

ssbn743

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I’m not really sure that is all that sick!

I mean yeah it sucks but from what I see you left it up to the deck; you check called your whole stack off.

I don’t know the opponent you were playing or anything either, but if you’re going to play it like you did I think you have to be willing to fold the river when the 4th club shows.

W

Weissr

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I’m not really sure that is all that sick!

I mean yeah it sucks but from what I see you left it up to the deck; you check called your whole stack off.

I don’t know the opponent you were playing or anything either, but if you’re going to play it like you did I think you have to be willing to fold the river when the 4th club shows.

There's only 1 card out there that beats me tho, if he bets the river do you assume he's got the Ac and fold?

I'm just not sure what the right move is here, in efforts to extract max value. He could be betting with A10 non club (on the low end) or any overpair with or without clubs (if without, he would shut down after the forth club hits you would think).

Is it best to:
- check/call the flop, then lead out on the turn if no club hits, either pot it or shove (depending on stack sizes)
- check raise the flop, (then shove the turn if he called the flop).....

I just dunno what's the best move long term to get max value......

(in this hand tho, this was gonna be the outcome regardless....he wasn't folding that hand obviously)

S

ssbn743

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There's only 1 card out there that beats me tho, if he bets the river do you assume he's got the Ac and fold?

I'm just not sure what the right move is here, in efforts to extract max value. He could be betting with A10 non club (on the low end) or any overpair with or without clubs (if without, he would shut down after the forth club hits you would think).

Is it best to:

- check/call the flop, then lead out on the turn if no club hits, either pot it or shove (depending on stack sizes)

- check raise the flop, (then shove the turn if he called the flop).....

I just dunno what's the best move long term to get max value......

(in this hand tho, this was gonna be the outcome regardless....he wasn't folding that hand obviously)

No I’m saying that you put yourself in a position to have to believe he has the Ace of clubs.

This isn’t a very good example, you were probably going to lose you stack here anyway, as you said – he wasn’t folding anyway. I just think you put yourself to a decision; it should have been him trying to figure out if he could call with an over pair and the flush re-draw.

But, I have no problem with a check call on the flop – I mean against the range he’s playing I don’t think there’s anything wrong with that, but after the turn comes a non-club, and considering the stack and pot sizes involved – I think you have no choice but all-in. The pot size is nearly 80% of your starting stack – you’ve got to get it in and end it on the turn.

coyotegal

coyotegal

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
blinds are 30/60...your the sb... your villan is in late position and throws out 3.5 bb bet... add to that having a much shorter stack than villan... That would have been when I folded. KQs is a strong hand, but not so strong in sb position, espcailly after a big raise by someone in late position. It would be better to hold on to your chips and wait for a better spot at that point...(of course that all depends on known history of villan, wether or not I was tilting and and a few other details...lol)

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands