ICM

skrsh76

skrsh76

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Please can you guide me where to see, read or watch and learn about ICM. Couldn't find anything in the golden archive.

Thanks

skrsh76

skrsh76

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No news on Independent Chip Model?

BluffMeAllIn

BluffMeAllIn

4evrInmyheart RIP xoxo :(
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't have anything to add offhand myself as its not yet something I have delved into researching, but might mention have you tried a google?

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Basically it is a way in which to measure your current equity in a tournament based on the stack sizes and the payout structure.

rdm4k

rdm4k

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
from Wikipedia:

In poker, the Independent Chip Model (ICM) is a mathematical model used to calculate a player's overall equity in a tournament. The model uses stack sizes alone to determine how often a player will finish in each position (1st, 2nd, etc.). A player's probability of finishing in each position is then multiplied by the prize amount for that position and those numbers are added together to determine the players overall equity.
The term ICM is often misunderstood to mean a simulator which helps a player make decisions in a tournament. Such simulators often make use of the Independent Chip Model but are not strictly speaking ICM calculators. A true ICM calculator will have the chipcounts of all players as input and each players equity as output.
The ICM can be applied to answer specific questions, such as:
- What range of hands can I move all in with, considering the action so far and the stack sizes of the other players still in the hand?
- What range of hands can I call another player's all in with, and should I just call or move all in over the top, considering all the stacks still in the hand?
- If we are discussing a deal, how much money should each player get?

Anyway google it, u will find loads of articles about.

It is determinant in the SnG play, especially for turbos. It might be useful in late state mtt and bubble play.

There are several tools such as software might help calculating it. Basically these sw make a simulation (u have to add info like chips, payout, blinds lvl, ect).

When I was playing turbo sng (three years ago, SnG Wizard was a must to have). Atm I read that there're better sw doing it. tou should be able to find something freeware.

sry but I am too lazy now to start looking for them :)

M

Misdir

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't get it? You ask a question, albeit one you could easily garner info online, than someone takes the time to provide you with information and some history and you say you are too lazy to look it up? WTF are you doing here?

rdm4k

rdm4k

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't get it? You ask a question, albeit one you could easily garner info online, than someone takes the time to provide you with information and some history and you say you are too lazy to look it up? WTF are you doing here?

u misread the post ;) I am not the op, then i provide some useful information and said where and how look for it.

what's wrong?