hyper and turbo

L

lucas00

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I can play well in regular tournaments, but in hyper turbo and, most often go out at level 4 or 5
there is some advisable strategy for hyper and turbo tournaments?

A

Ambur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Variance is huge at those tournaments! You have to be ready to put all your chips in the middle mediocre hands middle stage of the tourney! You have to have at least 100 buy bankroll at those tourneys imo.

21sam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is only one right strategy: don't play it. Give them up to dilettantes and bustlers.

TheKAAHK

TheKAAHK

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Pick your spots. This is my best piece of advice. You can't always wait for premium holdings to gii, so don't be afraid to attempt steals in lp with rags, re-shove against fish, and generally take chances. If you think your opponent is weak or will fold, jam it. Blinds to stack is always tight and you have to accumulate quick or die. Don't be afraid.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
loosen up, steal more, and practice your icm

T

tke001

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't bother with hyper or turbo tourneys. They are just a matter of who makes hands when the chips get pushed in. In deep stacks tourneys, there's a lot of post-flop, post-turn play. In turbos, people just push in pre-flop often to 3+ callers and see who wins. The lower the blinds relative to chip size the more play involved and not just pre-flop chaos.

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try to search articles about right push/fold in turbo or hyper mtts...now is full of them..

A

alexandr0302

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, in tournaments hyper and a turbo it is necessary to have nerves of steel and a cool brain

soulkurt

soulkurt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to play and hyper turbo tournaments. At first game always tight manner demonstrating strength in the cards. Over time I make a variance in the game, testing players already observed and there comes a lot of push / fold

B

bluejay2220

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally dont care for hyper or turbo games. Really its just playing good spots and good cards.

caballojoe

caballojoe

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
People try to play them too fast. I find that patience is the best approach. I'm not afraid to lose a few blinds while the super-aggressive and bingo players burn themselves out. You'll be up against some bigger stacks, but I still think skill will win out most of the time.

4kingwildo

4kingwildo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my advice - be more agrresive than uselly, and read opponents better than uselly, to bluff them correctly.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
get a big stack. so you can suffer through more all in showdowns. simple math really, bigger the stack the more you can survive. So get taht big stack, pick on the little guys. You will bust out a lot more and likely make less ITM finishes, but your stack size overall will be much larger so you can make a run at the top 3 spots.

K

Kabu9M

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
it's my facorite, have you any advices?

2easy4ninja

2easy4ninja

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
dont play it
i think turbo and hyper for cash out people

1chicharito4

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if you wanna to be shock, please game to hyper turbo 6 max. sat. will you understand me when you see flop, turn, and river.

R

RazKat

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would stay away from Hyper Turbo Games, It's almost as Bad as freerolls with 10000 players, everyone's in a bluffing and 'all - in' frenzy which makes it tough. You basically have to take chances and pray luck is on your side because For most of your seemingly strong Hands, there will be another 2 people going all in with like a 2 7 and may somehow win.

Frank Burnette

Frank Burnette

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm a slow player, and timing is part of my strategy. Hyper and turbo games have not worked out well for me. haha It does, however, amaze me how players excel at such fast paced poker, and it is entertaining and exciting in a lot of ways.

Grebbsy

Grebbsy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Another vote for staying away from such tournaments, unless you're mentally and financially equipped for the massive variance swings inherent in them. If you're a decent poker player, sticking to deeper stack or slower blind tourneys gives poker skill a chance to show itself over luck.

Himanshu

Himanshu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its fun mostly i play like top 10% of hands at start but its too much of a risk if you don't have a bankroll to back you up.

babydrago9

babydrago9

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ignore the people that say just stay away, theres no skill etc.
Dan Coleman made 1m playing them online, with a linear-like graph of games/wins, showing that there is money to be made.
Of course there is more variance because after not too long youll end up with only a few big blinds, but if your strategy is correct then over time the edge will show up and youll make money, so in order to play them you need a decent bankroll.