neafana

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi,

I would like your opinion regarding the situation below:

I was in the first hand in a 6 max sat, and I was dealt A3s on the button.

Everybody before me folded, I went all in and also the SB and BB folded.

Now I've put the hand in ICMIZER and the result was that I should push any two in that spot. You think it is correct?

ConDeck

ConDeck

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Presuming this is a starting stack of 500 with bb50 with top 2 paid, I would agree that shoving any two here is +EV, however I would probably be limiting myself to the top 50% of my range in this spot.

You have to be willing to take these high variance high risk spots in hyper sats as within 2 orbits your down to like 2/3rds starting stack without seeing a flop and the double up or blind steal is substantial. Also the BB is often willing to call very light in these spots I find so any "above average" hand is profitable here I believe without the addition of fold equity.

PCK

PCK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah,if you started with 10bb`s yes is a standard push,but if the sng is not turbo the push is very very bad..

N

neafana

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for the answer. Also I was thinking to lower a bit the shoving range, but I thought that is very very loose to shove any two.

Now I realize that I was playing very tight some of this with a very small profit, Now, with the ICMIZER, I will give them another try.

I will give them another try now:)

And yeah, it is a hyper.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Whats the blind level?

Anyway, since its hyper, the move is reasonable. Have to steal sometimes just to survive.

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And without ICMIZER i can say that shove from BTN with Ax or 22+ will be always profitable.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
readless, i think that is correct

however, i dont believe that any 2 shove is optimal - ie dont think you want to shove AA or KK

es530

es530

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never used tool to know if my motion is correct. So what I do is more of a perception, I mean experiences over time, so ignore what I say, if you put your hand in a tool and she desmontre that what I said is wrong. With the game in its infancy and all have the same number of BB, regardless of its motion, push all-in or fold in my opinion is correct.

rock0001

rock0001

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
with 500 chips and 25/50 blinds you only have 10 bb left so shoving all in in that spot is the right choice. it would be different on a 1.50 hyper turbo sit and go ( not satellite) because starting blinds are only 10/20 and with a 500 starting stack you will have 25 bb, so in that case you can make a 2.5 or 3bb raise and fold a 3 bet or a shove.

S

sup3rh0t

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yep, correct :) I think it's a right move in Hyper. I like hypers very much - It's sort of a bingo - you should push your every sort of good hand but of course it depends of the position!