Help with being the big stack

olliejjc16

olliejjc16

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing the 2k guaranteed on party poker atm, sitting 1st with 19 left. I'm terrible with playing a big stack though so could do with some advice. I always either tighten up to much and miss value spots, or get too aggressive and drain chips. What are peoples general strategies for this stage of a tournament with a big stack?

olliejjc16

olliejjc16

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just lost a fair bit of my stack here on this hand not sure if I played it right, think the fold was correct villain is 44/16 so pretty loose but would he have risked his entire stack on the river without at least a queen?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, 11 Tournament, 1,000/2,000 Blinds 200 Ante (9 handed) - Party-Poker Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

SB (t64,255)
Button (t39,245)
UTG+1 (t35,218)
CO (t6,721)
MP3 (t65,206)
Hero (BB) (t72,102)
UTG (t24,327)
MP2 (t53,580)
MP1 (t18,322)

Hero's M: 15.02

Preflop: Hero is BB with J
diamond.gif
, J
club.gif

7 folds, SB bets t3,000, Hero raises t8,000, SB calls t6,000

Flop: (t18,800) 6
spade.gif
, Q
heart.gif
, 9
spade.gif
(2 players)
SB checks, Hero bets t10,900, SB raises to t55,055 (All-In), Hero folds

Total pot: t84,755

Results below:
SB didn't show

olliejjc16

olliejjc16

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just seen him go all in with a5 for nearly 20bb thinking now i was ahead there but its really hard to say..

olliejjc16

olliejjc16

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sitting 3/7 now, was short but doubled up with aces v ak

olliejjc16

olliejjc16

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hi i need help with making deals, not sure how to do it on partypoker? what is the best type of deal to get?

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
How do you make a deal on PartyPoker? (do they even have that option?)

If so, (& you want to deal) go for an ICM chop.

olliejjc16

olliejjc16

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i'm not sure i dont really play on it that much, trying to contact live chat to see what the story is, not sure if im dealing yet but theres a massive difference between 1st and 2nd so if i make top 2 i think i'd try to make a deal, 3 left at the moment

olliejjc16

olliejjc16

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
came second, really sickened at the moment was one card away from winning it, but he hit his flush, then my 9s got rivered against his aq, wouldnt mind usually but first was double what second got! cant complain though won about 220 dollars so happy days! :)

I

indahood193

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well done, always nice to get a good payday. i actually like being a big stack, i know you have finished now, but my advice for the future would be- if the table is weak and tight, then play very loose and steal lots of blinds. fold to any 3 bets unless you have a good hand to avoid getting into tricky spots, then just steal again the next hand- especially from mid to late position. sometimes i end up playing like a mad man, i hadn't played in like a week so i decided to play some $0.25 sng mtt's, 90 man ones. on the final table i got the chip lead and when we were 3 handed i raises like 85% of hands because the other players kept folding, and any time they re-raised i simply folded. i won 2 of these in a row so was nice to get back to winning ways.
then yesterday i went into a $7 45 man sng mtt in around 3rd place, because i was in a decent spot, but not chip leader, i simply raised my mid to strong hands, as opposed to junk hands. such as raising with Q 10s etc. when we got to 3 handed i noticed that these weren't amazing players, so i played controlled aggression, shoving Kx sb v bb and folding a lot of buttons unless i had Ax a pair or decent broadways. i ended up winning.
on the other hand if the table is very loose and 3 betting, shoving Q Jo etc. then i would use my big stack to simply look by and wait for strong hands A Q+ and 8's or 9's+ and just let the others ko each other. pick your spots to steal in this case, perhaps shoving from the button with Ax v shorter stacks in the blinds etc.
so basically, alter your strategy to see what you see suitable for the table and the standard of players. well done on your 2nd place.