A Hand From WSOP

K

kaispen

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So i was watching the wsop yesterday its heads up between JJ and Tom or Tim ( i forget but meh) so anyway JJ had this one play i completely disagree with and i wanna see if anyone else does. JJ has double Toms chips, they both call and see a flop. Tom gets bottom pair and pushes all in. JJ has a flush draw aswell as an overcard to the board, so it was rougly 50-50 in odds for either of them to win. She didnt call his push. I highly disagree with her play because when you have double your opponents chips heads up with a 50-50 chance to nock them out, shouldnt you take it?

D

DrSparky

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are you assuming that JJ can see "Tom's" cards?

Also, once your opponent "hits the flop" you're equity is going to drop below 50:50 even if it is bottom pair. Also as big stack he doesn't have to worry about getting blinded out... maybe he had a read that he'd hit something?

F

Flsnookman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I think I am the better player I would rather draw it out some and try to outplay my opponent. I am however still a fish so most times i'm happy to race if I think i'll be outplayed in the long run. Also was it the nut flush draw? That would make a difference in my thought process.

WSOP Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands