DON sng session

M

MickMurrr19

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played 5 tables of DON sngs tonight and i only cashed on 2 of them.
The 2 I cashed on, i was practically a NIT and played like 2 hands for the first 3-4 levels. So I played tight and didnt do anything fancy and let the other donks at my table knock each other out.
As for the other 3 tables I busted on, i played the exact same way. The only thing was that when i shoved with QQ on one table the BB picked up kings and when I shoved with KK on the other, someone picked up AA. The third I didnt cash, I had jus made a dumb play in a marginal spot by shoving to steal the blinds with Q9 suited in the SB and someone else turning over AK after limping.
Is it safe to say I jus got unlucky tonight?

warturtle7

warturtle7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes you got unlucky, noway against standard players and with a tight image I am going to fold QQ and KK.
Better luck next time

BearPlay

BearPlay

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yep, sometimes that's just the way that the cards go. Playing NITtish is a great strategy for these DON's, for the first few blinds levels (and then blind stealing and TPP shoves are a must), but lotsa players just don't grab the concept and they play these like a traditional SNG. Chip-up opportunities ;)

I woulda played it like you.. except for the last game.. oops ;)

Arjonius

Arjonius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Running QQ into KK and KK into AA is bad luck. But this says nothing about how well or poorly you played the rest of the time, just that you were unlucky on those hands.

In general, playing tight early on is fine. As the blinds rise, it becomes a matter of how much and when to adapt, which also depends on the stack sizes, the opponents, etc. Continuing to play tight can be situationally appropriate, but so can various degrees of loosening up.

T0mmmi

T0mmmi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi there !

I started to play DoN as well and I found out that on PP thy are pretty hard to play as there are so many to aggressive players who are able to call your AA AI with J10os and hit 2 pairs as it happened to me yesterday :( You running QQ into KK and KK into AA is nothing else them very bad luck. But i guess you have to keep playing TA and you should be able to make profit in longer run.

Play your game and you should be fine !

WeenieSVK

WeenieSVK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am actually in stage where running with QQ into KK and with KK into AA is standard lol.. no seriously today for example, one guy on bubble had 75 chips left after allin and it was still me who got knocked out. He quadrupled in first hand with K2o (he won it on K high) and trippled up in next hand with Q7o. then I got eliminated few hands after... I wanted to destroy something so badly...

DrazaFFT

DrazaFFT

public static void
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i recently started playing dons on party and it is harder than i expected, and im only playing .50 games im still adjusting the ranges and stuff breaking even but roi is bit negative so im losing slightly but most of the loses are coolers so im experiencing a variance at it's best, so do you (OP) just do what you doing, be tight early and try to feel the opponents in will be helpful to see when to push near the bubble and on the bubble.

i dont now is the ICM good for dons, i play with icm trainer ever now or then but im just not trusting the concept that much to take time to master it...

RCtheDabbler

RCtheDabbler

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My strategy for this type of SNG is try and see the flop as often as possible (providing that its good value) while the blinds are low even with low suited connectors so you can try and win as many small pots as possible then when it gets down to 1 player from the money, you can wait and choose the hands to play more careful while the others are fighting for chips and pushing with marginal hands. Good luck.