Difficult spot

J

Joed1580

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have QQ IN bb playing 50bbs in the bigger 8.80 2 short stacks all in for 10bbs each and a Brazilian guy with stats of 17/17 has me covered ships from mid position I end up folding because I tought it was too much of a gamble v AK and only 30 hands on this guy ?

eidikos

eidikos

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi!
you should tell us the spot in the tournament too
in early stage its an easy call for me
in late stage you have to think more and consider the facts that you write us here

J

Joed1580

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
3 hours into the tourney most of the fish are gone off the table so it wasn't first few levels

rock0001

rock0001

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i would just call with queens because he could be having hands like tens, jacks, ak or aq. i dont think your fold was bad though however i think i would have called these hand and maybe i would consider folding with a deepstack of 75-80 bb if villain have me covered.

J

Joed1580

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok I just tought it was Alot at that stage he ended up having Q10hh

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I have QQ IN bb playing 50bbs in the bigger 8.80 2 short stacks all in for 10bbs each and a Brazilian guy with stats of 17/17 has me covered ships from mid position I end up folding because I tought it was too much of a gamble v AK and only 30 hands on this guy ?

If you figured him for AK because of the iso-ship, calling is a must (imo) especially with the extra dead money in the middle!

T

tfree93

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Quick question with everyone shoving would you all shove AK suited during the middle stage of the tournament (turbo 6 min blinds) if you were sitting on a solid sized stack? - all other things constant to above situation.

J

Joed1580

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes I would do the same with AK but my point is I didn't want to gamble 50bbs on a flip v AK maybe I been too tight

No Brainer

No Brainer

Losing keeps me sane
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Against a fairly tight range of TT+, AK queens are a 52% favourite. As you only have to risk 50bbs to win ~120bbs this is a fairly standard call I think.

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You have to take some flips to win, and this is a good place to GII. A guy shoving into 2 shortys will probably have a range that you are not all that bad against. As mentioned above in a few posts, a good place to call.

BogdanStark

BogdanStark

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is stick of the two ends. On the one side QQ very strong hand, but on the other side, tournament is a place with lot of CallingStation, so guys will go All in with Ax, AT hi, TT, JJ and KTs. You need more information about players to make right decision.