Did I do something wrong??

C

ClubArrow77

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was playing a turbo sit and go and we got to the bubble. The blinds were around 300/150 and everyone was pushing but playing relatively conservative. Two folds and guy to my right shoves all in. I call with AQo and guy shows KTo. At the end of showdown, the KT wins with TT pair and I basically bust out.

Since I was medium stack and the bubble was relatively conservative, would it have made sense for me to go more maniac and shove any two cards to collect blinds? I dont know what I am doing wrong but its seriously pissing me off.:mad:

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you have the hand history? That is going to be very helpful here, otherwise you're going to have a hard time getting good responses.

DetroitJimmy

DetroitJimmy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First off this thread belongs in "tournament hand analysis".

Second we will need more info to give you an answer. Stack sizes being most important. The question is kinda strange too. You mention calling with AQo then asking if it makes more sense to shove ATC. I don't really understand question.

It looks more to me that you are pissed about calling with a better hand and losing. We don't post results when we ask questions about hands because it may sway the answers given to you.

Here is a link to rules of hand analysis thread. I suggest you give it a quick read and post your hand there. You will get many more replies if you post correctly. Hope this helps: https://www.cardschat.com/forum/tou...-51/hand-analysis-read-before-posting-174517/

A

aaron_jd

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think if you had a short stack with respect to the blinds, then it's a proper move. Lots of factors to take into account though, so things like hand history, chip stacks, etc., would help.

G

giantsinfive

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok, first off, calling AQ and seeing K10 isn't necessarily a good thing.

Obviously you are favored to win the hand, but the question is, is the risk your taking worth the reward in prize money?

That strictly depends on stack sizes. If everyone has roughly an even stack, I would fold AQ, if you were the short stack probably call

pricecube

pricecube

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, this thread seems a case of being annoyed about getting knocked out having had a better hand. So often I read and hear about how it's better to be the first to raise/shove rather than call a raise/shove. I might have folded my AQ if someone to my right had shoved but might have shoved myself with AQ had I been the first to enter the pot. Okay, the guy with KT might still have got his chips in the middle but at least I would have been the aggressor, not him. Having said that, this was a turbo tourney rather than a regular one so maybe that affects the AQ decision slightly.