Awards
GB
Chips
I had A5d OTB blinds were 25/50

MP2 10,820
CO 520
Me OTB 5,880
BB 9,467

MP2 raises 175. CO calls. I raise to 300. BB calls 300. MP2 raises again to 1,400. CO shoves 520. I call 1,400. BB calls 1,400.

FLOP = 6s,Qd,7d

MP2 raises 4,745. I shove 4,480. BB calls.

Turn = Jh

MP2 shoves 4,675 BB shoves 3,322

River = 8c

Attachments

• he was lucky.jpg
    he was lucky.jpg
    274 KB · Views: 73
aa88wildbill

aa88wildbill

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Generally speaking yes, it was hard to get away from it after the flop. You might have got away from the hand pre flop when he reraise.

Z

Zin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would have folded after the re raise. After the flop harder to get away from the drawing hand.

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Yea that is what I was thinking, maybe I should have not called his re-raise. If he had a shoved all in on the re-raise pre-flop I would of folded for sure.

I didn't think he had a monster hand like AA but I thought he had maybe AK or QQ, JJ not pocket tens lol.

OMGITSOVER9K

OMGITSOVER9K

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
we need to 3bet (reraise) bigger preflop.

I know this is a tournament so people generally size down but 300 isn't enough, make it 550 or so, fold to 4bet even if it is multiway, our hand has loads of reverse implied odds.

gii on flop 100%

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
This is better.

I have A9d OTB, Blinds 25/50

BB 1,345
UTG1 625
MP2 3,380
HJ 3,945
me OTB 4,815

UTG1, MP2 and HJ all limp into the pot. I raise 3xBB 250. BB calls. UTG1 folds. MP2 calls and HJ folds.

Flop = 8h, Td, 5d

BB shoves all-in 1,095. MP2 calls. I call

Turn = 8d

MP2 shoves all-in 2,035. I call :D

River Ac.

I did not miss my outs this time :)

Attachments

• better.jpg
    better.jpg
    262.1 KB · Views: 71
C

CANDYMAN1414

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
kinda looks like a push fest. people pushing and calling all - ins with wishes and prayers. if this was a tournement must have been a dollar buying with rebuys. I hate rebuy tourneys because idiots just push with anything. play a higher buy-in and you can avoid alot of this.

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
No worries it is only a freeroll :)

F

Flsnookman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All good since it is a freeroll but imho with that many BBs why shove or call a shove? The amount of chips youll win if you hit isn't worth the danger of busting early. I have found that it is better to play tight early in big mtts then, when play tightens up your tight table image will allow you to loosen up more effectively. Again, im no pro but I try and play freerolls the same as any other tourny. Though this may sound different than my other posts giant mtts are different. Good luck.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I had A5d OTB blinds were 25/50

MP2 10,820
CO 520
Me OTB 5,880
BB 9,467

MP2 raises 175. CO calls. I raise to 300. BB calls 300. MP2 raises again to 1,400. CO shoves 520. I call 1,400. BB calls 1,400.

FLOP = 6s,Qd,7d

MP2 raises 4,745. I shove 4,480. BB calls.

Turn = Jh

MP2 shoves 4,675 BB shoves 3,322

River = 8c

Don't 3bet here otb w AXs. ('if' you do choose to 3bet (why?)... make it more like 600).
Never calling MP2's 4bet.

ovitoo

ovitoo

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Like others said, 3b is way too small. Not that you wanted a fold...but it'll NEVER happen vs a 3b that small. I think flatting is the only reasonable option (only bc eff. stacks). Since it's a freeroll, 3b'ing light isn't going to work well. As played fold to 4b pre.

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Thanks for the advice :)

I also try to play a freeroll like I would any game. I normally play tight, too tight sometimes :) I play tight in the first hour of the tournament most of the donk fest have been eliminated by then :)

I read in an article to bet 3xbb that's why I raised by that much, sometimes I only raise it by 1xbb.

That last freeroll I was in ended up to be a decent run. I finished 87th from a 7,500 field. Later on I finished in another 3 places before the bubble.

I just play freerolls to improve my game and to have fun, if I get any money then that's a bonus :)

AugustWest

AugustWest

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Been trying some freerolls lately and man they are frustrating......

ovitoo

ovitoo

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I read in an article to bet 3xbb that's why I raised by that much, sometimes I only raise it by 1xbb.

I think the article was talking about when you open the pot. Which is a good amount when you're sitting deepstacked. When you 3b you should be closer to 3x their raise (2.5x is good imo)

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I think the article was talking about when you open the pot. Which is a good amount when you're sitting deepstacked. When you 3b you should be closer to 3x their raise (2.5x is good imo)

Thanks, I am glad I made this thread so I can learn more about betting. I still need to improve on how much to bet. I never limp in as that same article stated not to do so if you want to be aggressive.

I learnt about outs the other day because when I read peoples comments about outs, I was like what?? I just have to learn more about pot odds and then I should be good to go. Maths was never my strong point when I was @ school but I decided a few months ago that I would improve my maths and that was before I found out maths was involved in poker, so good thing I am little better understanding maths now :D

T

tree88

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i dont know about these reverse implied odds and that other voodoo but one thing seems to be pretty consistent.playing ace rag ends up being a very troubled hand.if your going to play those hands regularly you should learn how to more easily cut them loose and avoid big losses and headaches later in the hand when draws fail and top pair with a rag kicker ends up costing you a good chunk of change.i know for me caution with those cards has saved me from loosing some big pots.so in your first hand example you should easily fold the 3 bet or you should have put in a bigger raise more like 5 times the bb.i think folding the 3 bet shouldnt be a problem though with A 5

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I don't play an ace rag card. To me ace rag is an ace rag off suit.

Ace rag suited has more chances of winning than a ace rag. The only mistake I made on the first hand was I shouldn't have called the 4bet before the flop. Obviously after the flop I would of been a fool to fold as I had more chances to win than the guys pocket tens. If I were holding his pocket tens I possibly would of folded after the turn as there were two overcards that could of killed his hand.

LuckyBundy13

LuckyBundy13

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What are you trying to accomplish when you re-raise preflop? it's pretty small and you're obv. not getting a fold from bigger stack. Once the action gets back to you preflop, it's a fold.

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Yes true when he first raised I should of raised 3x his raise, that was actually my first mistake. My second mistake was not folding to his 4bet. I tend not to fold if I have a suited ace as I have 11 outs before the flop.

I would of kicked myself though if I had of folded only to get the flop I did plus a turn that was also a diamond. He played a dangerous game with pocket tens imo.

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't 3bet here otb w AXs. ('if' you do choose to 3bet (why?)... make it more like 600).
Never calling MP2's 4bet.

^^^P.O hit the nail on the dot:) ...If you do choose to 3bet Fold to the 4bet, simple as that, as nobody would 4bet bluff you (unless, you like 3betting alot)...Also what does A5s beat?

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I could of had a straight flush and the only thing to beat that is a higher straight flush or the royal flush.

I could of been lucky to have 2d 3d 4d on the flop, I know this would be rare but its not impossible.

And imagine if I had folded a 4bet and that was the flop!!

I want to be aggressive not be too scared to put into the pot.

Yes I agree with P.O as well I should re-raised his raise. I have learnt that lesson now, if I want to be in the pot I will raise 3/4x their raise

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
And imagine if I had folded a 4bet and that was the flop!!
You could've re-assured yourself that you'd made the right decision preflop (how the cards end up coming down 'after the fact' has no bearing on what our decision was before the flop)

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I was trying to answer what does A5s beat and that was my answer if it was a straight flush then it will beat quads.

This topic should now be closed before it gets out of hand.

The Q was did I do the right thing?? The simple A is no I did the wrong thing. I will move on and learn from this :)

Yoshimiii

Yoshimiii

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes true when he first raised I should of raised 3x his raise, that was actually my first mistake. My second mistake was not folding to his 4bet. I tend not to fold if I have a suited ace as I have 11 outs before the flop.

I would of kicked myself though if I had of folded only to get the flop I did plus a turn that was also a diamond. He played a dangerous game with pocket tens imo.

Lol, a flush happens roughly 1 in 20.. if you see all 5 streets (I think)

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Not if you are Dan Smith lol