Deep Stack Tourney

G

groggy44

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hey everyone, I managed to hang onto a very short stack in the freeroll to play in the sunday big ticket tourney.
I have neither paid $200 to play in a tourney nor have i played in such a deep stack tourney before.
I was hoping to get some advice, tips, strategy,etc about how to play in the beginning stages, when to tell when it's time to start maybe applying a little more pressure to give myself a good chance to make it to the money as well hopefully trying to go deep in the tourney.
I'm would rate my game as tight aggressive but i do like to get in there and mix things up every once in a while

U

uarejelly

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
mainly be patient and make others do dumb stuff .. wait for your big hand then reraise or raise it will pay off.. also when near the money and if you have a large stack put pressure on the people trying to cash by raising alot you will pick up tons of pots with little raises in correct position

UhhWee

UhhWee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can aggree with uarejelly!! U should be really patient and try to play aggressive when blinds are getting higher

D

deedbr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Early in a deep stack tournament you need to learn to get away from big pocket pairs depending on the action and the board. I personally would rather play speculative hands in the beginning of a deep stack tourney.

Then its about controlling the pot size depending on how good your hand is.