Consistency

07keith

07keith

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i was just thinking to myself of how fulfilling and joyful it is to take down an MTT and can you be that consistent to play AA in one game and in another the exact same way if you were in the exact same situation?? how can you prepare yourself to bring your A+ game to every tournament and be continuously consistent throughout your poker career assuming your a serious player? any thoughts pokerbuds?

H

HelioCastTCG

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Consistency is the key to perfection alongside the willingness to keep expanding your knowledge on your subject of focus and implementing what you learn. Keep reading and playing. Eat, breath and sleep poker. If you want success then you have to put in the hours.

07keith

07keith

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Consistency is the key to perfection alongside the willingness to keep expanding your knowledge on your subject of focus and implementing what you learn. Keep reading and playing. Eat, breath and sleep poker. If you want success then you have to put in the hours.

couldn't have said it better pal gl "crush the fish":coffee:

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As well as being prepared, studied, and up to date with the game.

Do not play when, tired, stressed, or have real life problems on your mind. Keep focused on your games, turn off facebook/twitter/CC when playing, and try not to have kids/dogs/spouses/phonecalls interupting you while you are playing.

youregoodmate

youregoodmate

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Take a moment to think about decisions. It's very rarely clear cut.

Imagine after each decision I was going to ask you, 'why did you do that?'

Make sure you have an answer.

M

mycophile

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
how can you prepare yourself to bring your A+ game to every tournament and be continuously consistent throughout your poker career assuming your a serious player? any thoughts pokerbuds?

I have a bad habit of getting like $100 from freerolls, then gambling WAY too much, ie putting myself at risk with just a gutshot, etc. It's a major leak in my game. By contrast, it's funny how I'm willing to actually TRY in freerolls which pay out next to nothing, slowly build it and then just throw it all away. I get too comfortable knowing I have more cash to fall back on, and that's not good. Don't make the same mistake, that's all I can say. Lol.

Also, what "youregoodmate" said.

Martinez

Martinez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Consistency is my middle name at the moment. I am consistently being out flopped almost every hand I play, lol.

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Consistency is how you tell the difference if you are a good player at your limit, or if you are just getting lucky.

The value cannot be overstated, but it's really tough in large MTTs to have consistent results because you can play your A+ game for 11 hours and then make 1 bad decision and it's over. Or you can play A+ for 11 hours, be forced to take 1 flip and it's over.

That's why on a forum like this, for instance, much more emphasis is put on hand analysis than results. If you played the hand well, but still lost then oh well. What can you do?