check my game, I made right?

G

General3Bet

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Abosultely the correct play, nothing wrong with it. U had him beat, u had him CRUSHED percentage wise, very rarely someone will strike a runner runner on u to win th at hand. Hopefully u wont have to experience that anymore, it hurts even more if u have the exact same hand as someone, and they pull off a runner runner flush, thats when u start cursing.

R

ravpl

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bad beat u play well with set... Runner runner

H

hrix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You just weren't lucky that your opponent played like an idiot. I think everybody hates that moments when you have really cool hand and someone beats you with the rubbish.

S

smihailov

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it's stars big 2.20 $, 1100/4k+ left, , I'm at top 150.
opp open raise 8/10 last hands
http://www.pokerstarter.org/replaye...id=2&language=en&gameEntity=1&hash=F7FD51B16B

From his play preflop it was obvious that he had a pocket. First I thought AA or KK. After moving all-in behind your re-raise the possible pocket was 10 10, otherwise he would just call. The other thing is that he didn`t play the hand with his cards but with putting you on pressure to fold. And you should give up at this time, because you still had a nice stack and there were many outs that you would loose (the flush of course was most unlikely).

Arjonius

Arjonius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
From his play preflop it was obvious that he had a pocket. First I thought AA or KK. After moving all-in behind your re-raise the possible pocket was 10 10, otherwise he would just call. The other thing is that he didn`t play the hand with his cards but with putting you on pressure to fold. And you should give up at this time, because you still had a nice stack and there were many outs that you would loose (the flush of course was most unlikely).
You say he has pockets, then that he has many outs. These two things are inconsistent.

With any pair lower than 99, what outs can he have?

With TT, he's not the one needing outs.

With an overpair, what outs can he have?

If his range is pockets, there's no way you should even consider folding.

S

smihailov

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You say he has pockets, then that he has many outs. These two things are inconsistent.

With any pair lower than 99, what outs can he have?

With TT, he's not the one needing outs.

With an overpair, what outs can he have?

If his range is pockets, there's no way you should even consider folding.

The whole thing is that he was trying to bluff you. Forget about he had 66. I think he also did not play like he had 66. He played very bravely and was rewarded for that. "Fortune favors the brave ones".
Have you ever think what should happen if you had move all-in on the flop with your set - i think he would fold. You had lost the psychological fight with that guy right after the flop.

rdm4k

rdm4k

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
as played preflop is well played, imo-

But with no info I wouldnt have 3btted UTG raise for several reasons.
According with the flow of game I would have mixed but mainly for me:flat call >>> 3bet.
How do you play if bb shove?
Ho do you play if utg 4bet ya?

I think if you flat-call you may induce a lighter bb shove and gather info from the utg move.

trolaAa

trolaAa

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just unluky .....i would do the same as you.

UnNa7uRal

UnNa7uRal

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would have just flatted pre-flop. I mean you have a big stack, you can wait much longer to get better pairs or better position to 3-bet and as Arjonius said what you do if the BB decides to squeeze or the UTG 4-bet shoves ? Do you call him in that position ? Other than that just unlucky. Happens all the time :)

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I would of just flatted the 900, you were very unlucky, I hate the runner runner especially when you have hit a set!! It is typical on my boards :D

I only re-raise with AA, KK and QQ I just flat the rest, especially against UTG

abzdolc

abzdolc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
he open raise 7/10 hands before, and show A+9, pairs<8, that's why UTG position doesn't matter with this opp.
I think this way - if he has AA, KK, QQ, he will just raise me more, or push pre-flop, I think he had AT of s, JQ s or J10s, JJ also can push pre flop, and I was careful even know this info, but I have 95% with this flop...
I think it will be first big result (the winner of stack go to top 40) of my learning, but have to wait some more time ^ ^

Erlisauskas

Erlisauskas

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The stack are high, If u played tight u can 3bet for 2300 and take the pot

Arjonius

Arjonius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The whole thing is that he was trying to bluff you. Forget about he had 66. I think he also did not play like he had 66. He played very bravely and was rewarded for that. "Fortune favors the brave ones".
Have you ever think what should happen if you had move all-in on the flop with your set - i think he would fold. You had lost the psychological fight with that guy right after the flop.
If you think he's trying to bluff you, especially with a smaller pair, then what possible reasons could you have to fold your set?

And if he either has a bigger pair or he's bluffing, why would you want to shove with your set? Do you actually want him fold?

hobonc

hobonc

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It was a brutal beat. Despite the end result wouldn't you like to put yourself in that spot on the flop as many times as you can? The only hand you really fear is pocket 10's.

It was just one of those hands that didn't work out. Hands like this are a part of poker and the only way to avoid them is not playing.

Top 10 Games