Carbon Re-Entry....

M

MIShroomer47

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey all... been on an online poker hiatus since March/April of '14 because I was getting to stressed over the games and donks.

SO I come back to Carbon and there is freaking 2 hour Re-Entry to almost every game... which turns every game into unlimited rebuy for 2 freaking hours....

I would like to know what the players actually think about this re entry crap... because I think it is just that.... Crap!

1) 2 hours of re entry... by the time re entry is almost over, it's no longer economical to rebuy into the game, as your stack will be lower than 10 BB...

2) Tournament fields take 2 hours before anyone is even eliminated!! the numbers stagger around the same amount of entries for 2 solid hours. So if you're not getting cards, blinds are going up, and people just keep rolling in with more chips... and two hours later, you are no closer to a money position than you were when the damn game started.

3) Carbon tells me that players asked for this as it's the latest thing in the MTT industry... bullshit... no one would want every game to feature this... they should be select events

4) they do not advertise re entry games, they're all just re entry... SO NOW EVERY GAME IS A REBUY...

5) they're only doing this because they are a low traffic site, trying to offer higher guarantees than they can afford, so they let re entry do the work for them.

6) I'm perfectly fine with a 1 hour late reg... even that seemed a bit long, but w/e an hour of late reg and not being to re enter once eliminated is nothing compared to 2 hours of unlimited re entry (rebuy basically) SO now i find myself buying in to the rebuys at the last minute with an add on, just trying to get to a point of real poker, where it matters whether you put your chips in the middle or not...

I don't know... what do you all think? I think this is some bogus stuff... and players need to tell these arsholes what we want in a poker site...

Last edited:
L

lobbyrunner

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the turbos are usually an hour late reg. the rebuys are great tbh the fishes just tend to shove all thetime just wait out untillate reg is closed cuz thats when the realplaying happens. keep grinding doe.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey all... been on an online poker hiatus since March/April of '14 because I was getting to stressed over the games and donks.

SO I come back to Carbon and there is freaking 2 hour Re-Entry to almost every game... which turns every game into unlimited rebuy for 2 freaking hours....

I would like to know what the players actually think about this re entry crap... because I think it is just that.... Crap!

I like the re-entry games. They're very soft and easily beatable, even with the long re-entry period. You honestly don't have a lot of players to get through during the week night, usually it's just the same person a number of times.

1) 2 hours of re entry... by the time re entry is almost over, it's no longer economical to rebuy into the game, as your stack will be lower than 10 BB...

Well, yes, this is true but thats how the site makes money; by players who dont think about this and are willing to gamble a bit with money. Most of the time, they're going to bust out really fast and they just built the prize pool for you. Thats not bad at all. I, also, do this at times. Sometimes I'll buy in right before registration closes, knowing I only have <10BBs left and my plan is to shove anything decent and hopefully double up. I've done this a number of times with a ton of sucess. A lot of of his to do with a luck to double up, but also it knowing how to play a mid-late stage, short stack properly.

It's all up to the player to do this and if you're playing well/doing well, it shouldn't affect you that much. In fact, it helps you more than it hurts you.

2) Tournament fields take 2 hours before anyone is even eliminated!! the numbers stagger around the same amount of entries for 2 solid hours. So if you're not getting cards, blinds are going up, and people just keep rolling in with more chips... and two hours later, you are no closer to a money position than you were when the damn game started.

No. If you actually pay attention to the the lobby usually 50% of those entered are eliminated by the time registation ends. Also, you being card dead has nothing to do with people entering/re-entering the MTT late, not does their stack size. Even if registration closes in the first 15 minutes and you're card dead, youre not going to be any close to the money after 2 hours either.

3) Carbon tells me that players asked for this as it's the latest thing in the MTT industry... bullshit... no one would want every game to feature this... they should be select events

Well, you can't speak for everyone that plays because I happen to like them.

4) they do not advertise re entry games, they're all just re entry... SO NOW EVERY GAME IS A REBUY...

There is a difference between re-entry and re-buys

Re-entry:
-pay rake every time you play
-option do re-enter at anytime during the registration period; so if you need to take a breather after a bad beat or something, you can. (i like that)
-Re-entries payout is much deeper at paying 18% of entrants
-The negative is the top prize is slightly smaller, but the positive is that making the money is slightly easier.

Re-buy
-Only pay rake once and not for each rebuy.
-Rebuying is much pricier than re-entering. Standard $1 + .10 re-enter gives you 3K chips. Standard $1 rebuy only gives you 2K in chips and cost another $1 for 4K chips. If both games gave 2K in chips for $1, then it would only cost .10 more to get an extra 1K for a re-entry, but a $1 to double that for a re-buy, which is 10x more.
-each rebuy goes toward the prize pool, but doesn't affect payouts.
-payout is top 10% of field, so it's slightly harder to make the money but the reward is much greater.
-Have limited time to rebuy (20 seconds), after that you cant re-enter the game.

They also offer no re-entry games from time to time, just check the lobby.

5) they're only doing this because they are a low traffic site, trying to offer higher guarantees than they can afford, so they let re entry do the work for them.

Exactly, which is smart becase it's working and people are willing to pay.

6) I'm perfectly fine with a 1 hour late reg... even that seemed a bit long, but w/e an hour of late reg and not being to re enter once eliminated is nothing compared to 2 hours of unlimited re entry (rebuy basically) SO now i find myself buying in to the rebuys at the last minute with an add on, just trying to get to a point of real poker, where it matters whether you put your chips in the middle or not...

Well, this doesn't make any sense because you were complaing earlier about players buying in late and only having 6BBs (if standard 3K stack) to 10BBs (if deep 5K stack). But you're doing the same thing with this strategy, onl giving yourself 11-15BBs if you do/dont do a double rebuy + add on. The only difference is you're paying 3x as much for technically the same thing. Not only that, but most rebuys are turbo MTTs, giving you even less time to work a short stack and thus a lot more luck is required to do well with this strategy. At least in deep stack, regular MTTs you have 10 minute blinds to work with.

I don't know... what do you all think? I think this is some bogus stuff... and players need to tell these arsholes what we want in a poker site...

Well, I think that you shouldn't be speaking for everyone. If you dont like it, play on a different site that offers what you want.
above in red

M

MIShroomer47

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't speak for everyone... which is why i asked these questions. you make some valid points phil... glad to hear some feedback!

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No problem.

Keep notes in re-entries because you'll run into the same players a lot. You'll know who the top players in re-entries are because they constantly do well in them.

M

MIShroomer47

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah i do for sure... i see a lot of the same names on Carbon over and over... not a lot of traffic going through that place.... compared to the other sites before black friday anyway!

Sil3ntness

Sil3ntness

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I play in a lot of the Carbon MTTs. A lot of the same regular players are making the final table LOL.
---
I like Carbon's rebuy/re-entry setup. Think about it, when you get donked out by a suckout with your AA vs some random two crap cards; you should be able to rebuy / re-entry the tournament. It allows the good players to get a 2nd chance and it allows the "ATMs" to keep depositing to the tournament and increase the overall prize pool for the final table players.

It's a WIN WIN situation.