Bubbling at final table

laceypearls

laceypearls

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I notice that I been making final tables on NLOP but I have been bubbling a few people to the money/ tickets top 6. I don't know why I can't get my head back in the game like I use too. I use to live, breath and think poker from the time I woke up to the time when I went to bed. Now I love poker but it isn't a priority like it use to be. I can get bored with it at times.

laceypearls

laceypearls

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know in order to start winning again I definitely have to get my head back in the game. What do you guys think?

Bob23bk

Bob23bk

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you're playing for tickets (all places pay the same) you should be using a different strategy OTB than if you're playing for money (higher places pay more). There's nothing wrong with exploiting the super tight play by people who are afraid to bubble so long as you don't go overboard, but if people are getting involved you're likely behind. Examine your BRM, if you're playing within your means the bubble shouldn't kill you (though it's never fun) and will pay off in the long run when you bink a big win rather than a few min cashes. On the other hand, if you're playing tourneys you shouldn't be in and your bank roll can't take the loss there's nothing wrong with sitting tight and getting your money back (so long as you learn from your mistake and refuse to make it again in the future) <- personal experience :p

laceypearls

laceypearls

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you're playing for tickets (all places pay the same) you should be using a different strategy OTB than if you're playing for money (higher places pay more). There's nothing wrong with exploiting the super tight play by people who are afraid to bubble so long as you don't go overboard, but if people are getting involved you're likely behind. Examine your BRM, if you're playing within your means the bubble shouldn't kill you (though it's never fun) and will pay off in the long run when you bink a big win rather than a few min cashes. On the other hand, if you're playing tourneys you shouldn't be in and your bank roll can't take the loss there's nothing wrong with sitting tight and getting your money back (so long as you learn from your mistake and refuse to make it again in the future) <- personal experience :p

I been playing on nlop so I'm playing with tokens and freerolls so I'm within my means. you can play for cash there by using tokens and tickets.

Bob23bk

Bob23bk

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just trying to help, I've bubbled many a tourney myself :p

AvaPoker13

AvaPoker13

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Final table is tight, you have to stay calm and focused in the first place that is your goal, avoid playing stupid hands.

L

Lexxx

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I folded AAs to get to bubble and win a ticket.

laceypearls

laceypearls

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Final table is tight, you have to stay calm and focused in the first place that is your goal, avoid playing stupid hands.

I should be happy I been making the final table sometimes with tournaments over 600 players. I need to show more patience when I get there I hope this week I will not only make the table but win ticket/money.

laceypearls

laceypearls

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I folded AAs to get to bubble and win a ticket.

That is what you got to do sometimes to win or get further in tournament. I haven't had great luck with AA or AK lately they been my Kryptanite those are the hands I been bubbling off of.

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I haven't been motivated enough to play poker lately. When I first started to play poker I loved it and it was fun for me, then I tried to start grinding out SNG's and I believe that is what ruined it for me, the fun factor went out of the window, I was getting bored of it and because of that I was playing poor.

I took a break from poker until I felt the itch to play a game here and there. I am now starting to get the love for the game back and it's fun again. This time around there is gonna be no attempting to grind just to play when I get the itch.

Happy I got the itch just when the MM started up again, as i love playing them and my first time back and I win a ticket into tomorrow's game.

If ya not feeling it, just do something else till you get the itch to return.

GL

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I haven't been motivated enough to play poker lately. When I first started to play poker I loved it and it was fun for me, then I tried to start grinding out SNG's and I believe that is what ruined it for me, the fun factor went out of the window, I was getting bored of it and because of that I was playing poor.

I took a break from poker until I felt the itch to play a game here and there. I am now starting to get the love for the game back and it's fun again. This time around there is gonna be no attempting to grind just to play when I get the itch.

Happy I got the itch just when the MM started up again, as i love playing them and my first time back and I win a ticket into tomorrow's game.

Glad to see you got your itch back, :eek: that sounds so bad, this is why I have always treated poker as a hobby.

IntenseHeat

IntenseHeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with EvertonGirl's approach. Sometimes you just need to unplug from the game. Do something else for a day or two, or for however long it takes to get that hunger back.

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Glad to see you got your itch back, :eek: that sounds so bad, this is why I have always treated poker as a hobby.

When I read the bolded part, I thought you were then going to say "There's a cream for that" :D

laceypearls

laceypearls

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I completely understand I'm going through the same thing the part about losing my passion for the game and started to fall in love with it again. I think that now my priorities has changed now my family first but before I was obsessed with poker.

laceypearls

laceypearls

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Last night again I went out 11th in a tournament to win a ticket another bubble I had a full house but my opponent had a bigger full house

R

RandyMarsh

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you have to play not to be afraid to bubble. I'd much rather try give myself a chance to win the tournament rather than a min cash

laceypearls

laceypearls

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you have to play not to be afraid to bubble. I'd much rather try give myself a chance to win the tournament rather than a min cash

Sometimes I think I psych myself out.

Spieler

Spieler

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's very important to realize that tournament ends when you have all the chips. when no1 is left but you. you have to be prepared for long run not just for final table. when you get there (last nine) you have to think that you are sitting in 1 table sit&go

R

ratty_ge

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

koreano

koreano

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Final table bubble waiting are different and complex situations. And I believe that everyone has their way of playing, but there are situations to be analyzed.

The final table.

Your stack is the largest of the table? Give some pre-flop call will destroy your stack?

If the answer to the first question is yes and to the second question is not, I believe some hands "disposable" to be valid to play. Some moments of the game need a variation to hinder the reading of your game. Just play with good hands to make it a pretty easy target.

But it is obvious that you do not need to play any hand. Always I think a final table, letters naipadas (regardless of what cards) are valid for a pre-flop call.

In Bubble awards.

Here it is extremely complicated. I have friends who come to a particular stack and approach the bubble, "stop playing" hoping to secure a premium (however small). But I'm a little more greedy and always try to improve my stack and obviously at times already falls with interesting hands (hand prize, AA, AK, KK). But I think if I can burst the bubble and have an interesting stack, it becomes my most attractive and competitive play.

L

Lexxx

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I´m back to poker after 4 years. Sometimes, you need a break!

S

subdylzep

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Probably tighten your hand ranges a bit towards the button and notice that the players you are playing against are better players if they are making it that deep consistantly. You definitely need to focus more as you reach that point in the tournament and not take unnecessary risks like flipping for 50% of your stack and such. Just make plays where they are safe and steal blinds when they are available, dont put yourself in any situation where you need to risk your entire stack unless you are 90% sure you are a 4-1 or 5-1 fav preflop. Thats the best advice i can give. Gl in the future.

BobGrayling

BobGrayling

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Considering the size of some of the fields, just making the final table is tough.

One thing to remember is that once you reach the final table in most of their tourneys, EVERYONE at the table is technically "short stacked" (Less than 20x Big Blind). Just winning or losing the blinds can move you up or down a couple places.