can any one help me out please?

S

sillymunchie

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
how many Big Blinds do you have
you can select any hands at the bubble stage as long as your not afraid to get knocked out that is xD
in my personal oppinion when its the bubble stage i prefer to be up against players with more chips then me, and i like it all in pre as long as i have 20BB or less

reasoning..... im abusing the players that are sitting tight on the bubble and increasing my stack by 10% with each shove, and when i finally get called im happy to flip even at worst where my opponent has a 60% chance of winning
as a result i dont look for A 8s type hands, but im more inclined to shove 7 8s type hands that way when we exit the bubble i have a stack which i can play with

Paragon

Paragon

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You really only be wanting to abuse the bubble if you are one of the table's chip leaders. Simply shoving with 78s will eventually get you called by either a pocket pair, or you will be gambling on the wrong side of the coin flip. Remember, poker is a game of skill, not luck. As a short- medium stack, you might want to attack some blinds here and then, but do so cautiously against opponents who won't defend.

J

jmonking67

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It really depends on your stack size. If you are shortstacked with around 10BBs you could pretty much shove anything from 67suited and stronger. Keep in mind that people will play super super super tight on the bubble even folding hands like AJ and pairs like 66-77-88 just because they wanna make it to the money. The bubble is the time when you can accumilate ALOT of chips and abuse every weak play made by other players.
If you are Big stacked, then you are going to want to raise 2.5x almost any hand from the cutoff (if folded to you), 90% no one will play back at you and you'll get away with a nice steal.

G

groggy44

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I ran into this 2x over the weekend.
In 1 tournament, I got coolered with flush over flush. So as the bubble approached I just had to nit up. Playing only super premiums. I did not have enough chips to get anyone to fold Ax or PP. After the bubble, I went on a heater and was starting to accumulate chips. Unfortunately, I got donked off by a chip leader but it's alright. If you have between 4-10 BBs on the bubble, I would rock up. If you're sitting on more than 10, you can use your push/fold strategy. If you have 20 or more BBs, then look for the people that are rocks. Rob them, rob them, rob them. If one of these rocks plays back, fold anything but AA or KK and maybe all the way down to AQ if you don't mind flipping. If there is a bully at the table, catch something you want to battle with and jam him. Show them once or twice you're willing to take a chunk out of their stack given the opportunity.
The other tourney I was sitting on around 40-50 BBs and was able to steal blinds at will. I did run into a cooler. flopped a straight and get shoved on. guy hits runner runner for a boat. However during this time, I was able to raise into other medium sized stacks as well as 20-30 BBs. Just 2.5x raise and fold if they play back. You're going to get more blinds than you are going to lose. Don't go crazy with the steals but play enough to keep stacking up.

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In MTTS the bubble stage is the best spot for chipping up.

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I survived the bubble last night in in the UK freeroll.

I was not getting very good cards for a while before the bubble, I played tight till something half decent came up then I played small ball poker and gained a nice pot. I was expected to see my nemesis hand to show before the bubble KK but it never came. I was told by Alfie not to fold KK under any circumstances and I was not going to, funny how they didn't show eh :)

I was not the biggest stack, I was medium stack and I only played strong cards. I nearly did not play this freeroll cos of my bad league run, but I am glad I did :)

nax

nax

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In MTTS the bubble stage is the best spot for chipping up.
Or to bust :D

but I agree on chipping up - a lot of people ruin their chip stacks on the bubble because they are too tight. For example, today, I nearly doubled up from 20k to 40k stack on a freeroll bubble. :)

RichL

RichL

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The bubble is slightly different if you're in a 'Top 10 qualify' kind of MTT (with no difference in reward between 1st and 10th). So if you're a long way above the bubble chipwise (and with respect to the blinds) why risk any chips. You can try and knock other players out but I've seen people play KK and end up below the bubble due to a bad beat or AA, and wonder why they bothered playing, I suppose they just can't resist it. Let the others fight it out amongst themselves.