Bubble play in tournament w 10BB stack

NiceNisus

NiceNisus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The question I have is fold to cash or play a decent hand dealt:
It is a $27 NL Omaha H/L game with 38 of 228 left and top 36 pay. 36th pays just over $40, 12th pays $90. I am in 34th of 38 and deal A2910, with the Ace suited, big stack raises my big blind nearly putting me all in. Do you put it all in or fold to wait to cash in circumstances like this?

S

sleepymike

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Being in the big blind, I play here to cash and worry how high, later. Been bubble busted too many times playing this situation. But that's just me.

etherghost

etherghost

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Premium hands only. Also, how big are the other stacks?

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
NL O8 is the most nightmarish game I can imagine.

As nice as that hand is, I think I would give it a couple of orbits and a possible more opportune opportunity (<< is that redundant?).

That hand would be lovely to see a flop with, but under the circumstances you describe.....fold it and wait. The bubble in that game will come very fast.

z28_RoadRage

z28_RoadRage

Road Warrior
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In H/L you have 3 of 4 things going for you...
1. A2 but can easily be against if an A or 2 comes and you lose the low, but can help if you for a high.
2. Ace suited can help if you get 2 of those suits on the flop.
3. I just like the connectors of 9 10

But even with all that... I would let it go.

The 4th would be pkts, which you don't have.

Arjonius

Arjonius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Seems like there are quite a few factors to consider including but not necessarily limited to these. How often is the big stack open-raising? What seat is he in? What will your chip position be if you double up? How likely is it that you can fold into the money? How much of your stack is doing so likely to cost, thereby decreasing your chances of going deeper into the money? How important is it to you to win $40, and how much are you willing to reduce your chances of winning more in order to do so?