Bubble extravaganza

D

dad2adrina

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Last night i played a $1.10 MTT on bovada and out of 139 i got 12th. It took about an hour to reach the money bubble of 18 from 23 players and just as expected it became an all in extravaganza once that bubble burst. I knew i could sit back and wait for premium hands while people busted out. Eventually though i caught a guy holding pocket 2's while i had pocket k's until he spiked on the river and i got knocked out. That sucks but its not the hand im most interested in. A few hands before that my chip stack was cut in half and i want to post it on here to see what you guys think i could have done differently.

I started the hand with 11k in chips.
I was UTG+2 with a,q suited clubs.
Folds to me, bet 2,000. Blinds are 500/1000. Antes 100
Folds to cut off who has been a maniac after the bubble burst calling all ins with his 30k stack and 9,3o. He calls.
That immediately made me suspicious.
Folds to the big blind who is sitting with 2k more behind and decides to shove.
I decided to call for the estimated 1k more and so does the maniac with position :-/

Flop comes out A,7,T the 7, T are clubs. (8k remaining in chips in an 8k pot)
I check in hopes to trap assuming ive got maniac beat and with the nut flush draw its like an insurance.
He checks behind me.
turn card is an A.
That card makes me slightly nervous now. With his range i could definitely see him having a,rag in his hand. I still have the better hand if thats the case with the potential river flush coming. He frequently bets into made hands pot size and shoves when he has nothing. I decide to check with my bad position to see where hes at. He checks back to me.
then 3 of spades comes on the river.
i could see him with a,3 so i put a value bet of 3k out there hoping he folds to what is an obvious value bet and he snap calls.

If you have any advice for me about this hand id love to hear it. Thanks.

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe your moves are just like mine except for preflop bet. Flop until river, same thoughts with me. Preflop, bet is somewhat small but almost in online, thats the standard bet 2xBB. I would have bet here more than 2xBB, say 3xBB.

D

dad2adrina

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah normally i would too but at these blind levels with stacks out there in the 5k range its an automatic shove if they have a decent hand. I figured at 2k its still close to a shove but also doesnt give them better odds to do so. If all the stacks were 10k or higher or blinds lower id probably do 3x maybe even 4xbb depending on table dynamics.

Arjonius

Arjonius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With 11bb and even more so with antes in play, which puts your M below 5, just play straightforward poker and open-shove your AQs.

Jblocher1

Jblocher1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Shove pre, as played though just jam flop. I'm not sure what ur worried about him having on river, your gonna have the best hand like 95% of the time