Big Ticket Sunday

G

groggy44

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everyone. I playing in my first high roller event. I got a ticket in a freeroll
Slept through the 1st 15minutes no biggie though. I am hanging in there.
I will give updates every hour. Post any interesting hands I have.
Wish the noob lots of luck
:D

R3DRANG3R

R3DRANG3R

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
good luck man. been trying to win those tickets. still no luck. I'm in the $11 tourney though lol

G

groggy44

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
2nd hour update

Alright, after the 2nd hour I have double my starting stack to around 21,138. I stacked off the guy on my left with pockets 10s. I raised preflop and got 3 bet so I just smooth called. flop came out 10, 7, 3 rainbow. I check, villain bets around 2000 or so. I smooth called. A of spades(the prettiest card in the deck) hits the turn and villain shoves. I take about 20 seconds, and called hoping villain didn't have AA, villain turns over a bluff with air drawing dead. Stacked him/her off. Felt pretty good. 37th out of 243.
Lost 2300 outta my stack when the river put a 5 card st8 on the board. I think I was bluffed out, but there anything I could be. couldn't beat the flush, the str8 and i think a Q would have been in my opponents range. 125/250 with 25 antes

G

groggy44

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
3rd hour update

well fans, this 3rd hour was up and down. my AA held up. I donked off a few chips, but I am still in it. I have 34,959 in chips. I'm am 26 out of 238. Feeling alright. Playing a little more tight and aggressive. A few more 3 bets this last hour. Most of them got through.

I do have a question. We are entering the final hour for registration. 300/600/60 ante. There is still lots of people with under 10k. Should I try applying maxium pressure on these shorter stacks trying to steal and pick up blinds or antes or should I just leave these players alone as they might just shove? any thoughts on the situation? I definitely would say that the middle tourney stages are going to start soon if not this hour.

AlfieAA

AlfieAA

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
well fans, this 3rd hour was up and down. my AA held up. I donked off a few chips, but I am still in it. I have 34,959 in chips. I'm am 26 out of 238. Feeling alright. Playing a little more tight and aggressive. A few more 3 bets this last hour. Most of them got through.

I do have a question. We are entering the final hour for registration. 300/600/60 ante. There is still lots of people with under 10k. Should I try applying maxium pressure on these shorter stacks trying to steal and pick up blinds or antes or should I just leave these players alone as they might just shove? any thoughts on the situation? I definitely would say that the middle tourney stages are going to start soon if not this hour.

Pick your spots to steal, if you are in late positions and its folded round to you and the BB has a medium stack...if they are tight then steal, if they play shove or fold them be more cautious about doing it, atleast have a playable hand that can hit the flop...but it depends on lots of levels, just need to feel out good spots....gl

Leo 50

Leo 50

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We are entering the final hour for registration. 300/600/60 ante. There is still lots of people with under 10k. Should I try applying maxium pressure on these shorter stacks trying to steal and pick up blinds or antes or should I just leave these players alone as they might just shove? any thoughts on the situation? I definitely would say that the middle tourney stages are going to start soon if not this hour.

Pick your spots carefully, IF they are in the blinds and SS then they will probably shove so make sure you have something to play.
If you are in position (button, Late) and you suspect they playing scared, trying to make the bubble, then apply the pressure with a wider range but DON’T totally bluff.

Good Luck

:cool:

G

groggy44

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
4th hour update

alright, this hour was not a productive as I wanted to be. I missed a few spots and got picked in a few. I'm around 20,000 and the blinds are 600/1200 with 120 ante. I'm going to need to find some good spots and stack a few people off. Spirits are high though.

I was in the small blind with 44, by the time it gets around to me, it's 3bet for around 7000, i wind up folding, worst fold of the tournament, i definitely would have double up through a big stack, oh well. It happens. Time for me to go all hyper aggro on these folks
106/164

C

credsfan03

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very good game and better luck next time.

G

groggy44

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well I had a lot fun. I think I was a little nervous because of the stakes but if i make it back, I think I can have a good shot at getting deep
Still experimenting with betting a little lighter, different scenarios etc. calling on the button with almost anything and use position
Finding good cards to bluff the river with. I made a few mistakes but I am learning