Chips
What's the most profit type for mtt

PapaC

PapaC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm seen many bullies with big stacks that it works real well for. And then I've seen those real quite ones that knock your sox off with a good hand. I don't think I can play a good game without them both. Everyone here will tell you that position will tell to how to be playing a hand. Matter of fact, you probably will get a lot of opinions on your topic. GL

Jd0ubl3M

Jd0ubl3M

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends if its close to the money I'd be 3 betting most hands since the smaller stacks will be protecting their stacks to make the money until the money is made then I'd play how I was playing.

PokerFunKid

PokerFunKid

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You don't have to play agro and be a bigstack bully for the sake of having a bigstack. You have to have a reason to be playing a wide range of hands. Either your opponents have to be tight or there's icm in play. If you don't think it is profitable, or your opponents shouldn't be playing tight, then there is no reason to be a bigstack bully in my opinion.

S

SwiftHax

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes you definitely should especially if you're late in the tourney. You can really pick up some easy chips and build your stack even more to loosely call off bets and shoves from your opponents. If you feel like the table is looser though, then I think you're more than welcome to play more conservative.

StuffBarnaul

StuffBarnaul

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hope you talk about deep tours.
I usually play conservative, because deep tours usually have big buyin and be out as in freerolls is not too good.

B

batagliador

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the more conservative start after more aggressive

J

JVal

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
whatever you're more comfortable with

don't try to be overly aggressive if you're not used to playing like that

ViresIntus

ViresIntus

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tend to play conservative when I play big stack. I can limp in with moderate hands and play aggressive when I get big hands, basically im saying you can play a large range of hands but gotta be careful because everyone wants some of your bankroll.

ghOst

ghOst

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What's the most profit type for mtt

Play like you never won anything. Ignore the leaderboard. Respect your positions and play them accordingly. Continue a tight/aggressive player. If the raise is more than x4.5 the BB, then drop that 89 suited. Play your table like it's a sit n go.

N

nmirson

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
if its close to the money and u got atleast 3x stack than the others, go agresive, u can steal blinds to a lower risk, but be carefull of whom u steal, its not the same to someone with short stack than to the 2nd one on the table..
u wont lose if u miss one all in

C

chloebrand

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tournaments are about survival. It seems that more and more players are starting to be aware of bubble play. If you are fortunate enough to be chip leader, learn to hold on to your chips. When I am short stacked, I find myself doubling up a lot with chip bullies.

T

Tosh_67

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I'm ever in the position of having a big stack I'll come back and post !

I hate you bullies ! LOL...

Karozi615

Karozi615

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll be honest, both styles work pretty well and everything inbetween. It's all about table dynamic and how your perceived image is, and skill level is obviously relevant. One thing I always do, even though I know sometimes it isn't the OPTIMAL decision, is play super super convervative at final tables. I play more hands when I have many BB's in my stack.

T

thefwa

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Honestly it depends what level your at..
If its super early into the tournament and you are no where near the money, play conservatively.

You should raise nearly any 2 cards when you are 8 or less away from the money. that is the best time to push the medium stacks around.

Right after the bubble bursts, many don't care about busting, they just want to double or bust. So play conservatively after the bubble.

When it is the final two-three tables, you should be raising nearly every hand against medium stacks, and playing conservatively against the short stacks (They don't have much to lose).

Final table, raise nearly any two if your still the big stack.

It's not a be a bully or dont be a bully. It's playing according to the situation, changing gears at the right times..

S

sup3rh0t

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually BULLY but if its a Turbo tournament its risky because there are many small stacks that are just waiting for some bully to feed them some chips :D, and if you loose many chips in Turbo Mtt its harder to recover them than in normal Mtts.

rawbad

rawbad

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
with big stack I play aggressive a little loose and bully when you can that's poker

arielakarel

arielakarel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends if there are other bullies in te game.

rensks

rensks

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think at the beggining of a tournament better play conservative, once you get closer to the premiate positions you should play more aggresive, have a little bit of both is never too bad.

S

subdylzep

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
generally this is just up to your style of play. I mostly will play more conservative when i have a big stack in a tournament but again it depends on when in the tournament you are big stacked. If its early in the tournament then i am going to play conservative to keep my chips up until i need them later in the tournament. If i am big stacked late in a tournament or around the bubble i will generally become more aggressive and hopefully people have seen me playing a bit more conservative early and give me more respect. It is about how people see you on the table. If they see you playing reckless and you continue to do it then you will eventually get called or get trapped more often. If you are playing conservative most of the tournament then you will obtain more respect and your loose play will work well for you late when you have a big stack. Depending on the time in the tournament is when you should play mroe aggressive and more conservative and even more dependent is the way the table sees you as a player. If they see you as a conservative player then obviously you can play more aggressive and get away w it. If they see you as a loose player then you are going to want to tighten up more and then trap them. Thats my best advice, Just always try to make the money is always the first obstacle. Then do your best to understand the table and their play and how they see you as a player and take advantage in spots where you can. Good luck.

dino

dino

10 cevapcici = 0 stress
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
yep, all the way, since you're big stack and can dictate the speed and game with your bet's
why not to use to your advantage

teepack

teepack

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I get lucky and get a big stack of chips, the last thing I want to do is start giving them away by being a bully. You can be a little more aggressive if the opportunity presents itself, but I've seen guys and gals start throwing their stack around (i.e. shoving every time they play a hand) who quickly cycle through their chips.

This happened in a tourney I played in last week. One guy had the biggest stack on the table (about 100K chips in a tourney with a 20k starting size; there were 8 left with about 25 runners in the tourney), and after one player in early position raised, he shoved with 44 to get everybody else out so it would be 1 on 1. The other guy had AK and flopped a K to take about 40 percent of the guy's stack. Two hands later, I got 88 and gave it a preflop raise and he did the same thing. It folded to him in the cutoff, so he went all-in to get the SB and BB out of the way and I flipped over 88 to his 55 and took more than half of his remaining chips. He wound up busting out a few hands later. I just didn't understand why he would risk so many of his chips in hands where his best-case scenario is a coin flip (opponent with two overs) or him being way behind, as was the case against me. But he had been playing like that for most of the night.

J

johnsonrod

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The more aggressive the better in Mtt's. It's been proven over and over. Now that doesnt mean playing kamakzi....just playing your premium hands very aggressively in timely spots