Best book for todays online MTT poker?

P

pokkerta

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey guys im wondering the best book to read for online mtt mid to high stakes poker. around 40-50$ avg buy in. have read professional no limit holdem by matt flynn, sunny mehta and ed miller, no limit holdem theory and practice by ed miller and david sklansky and a small tournament book by evan jarvis from gripsed.

What is the best and most relevant tournament poker book for online play today (not low and microstakes) ??:joyman: :):)

mar_dragan

mar_dragan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In this year David Sklansky won 1.350 000 $,so if you read something from him you will hit the point. :)

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
'Winning Poker Tournaments - One Hand At A Time' Vol.1 & 2
by Jon Turner, Jon VanFleet, Eric Lynch & Matt Hilger (aka, Pearljammer, Apestyles, Rizen). There's also a Vol.3 available but personally didn't like it as much as the other two.

E

ElgringoLoco

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with winning one hand at a time. Kill everyone has interesting shove charts. I wouldn't use it as the gospel but you can use it as a base point when evaluating table dynamics.

P

pokkerta

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
thanks guy really appreciate it. ill definately read these. also would like to have a chart for guideline so thank for that :)

Rdsxfan

Rdsxfan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A more obscure, controversial book is The Poker Tournament Formula by Arnold Snyder. It is geared towards lower buy in (<$300) quicker (15-30 minutes blinds). That last 3-8 hours. This is not a strategy for 2-8 day wsop events.

ghOst

ghOst

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
'Winning Poker Tournaments - One Hand At A Time' Vol.1 & 2
by Jon Turner, Jon VanFleet, Eric Lynch & Matt Hilger (aka, Pearljammer, Apestyles, Rizen). There's also a Vol.3 available but personally didn't like it as much as the other two.

saw this post and bought the book about 3 days ago. It's really the almost perfect book with very real life scenarios in situations that I've been in before and not really sure what to do...I blundered and always thought of the correct possible play. This book helped clear some things up for sure =)

therealslomo

therealslomo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I haven't read it yet, still waiting for it, but from what I am hearing Jonathan Little's new book that is co-authored by 17 other people is far and away the best book that's been put out in the past 10 years.