bankroll for tourney poker? (micro-low

B

bernotas22

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
with all the variance of tourney poker what is a good bankroll to allow you to play your best if you are playing micro-low stakes tourneys?
avg buy in for tourney maybe 3.5 dollars, what do you recommend? or should you play a bit higher as a starting tourney player?

S

sillymunchie

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
depends on the field size, if its a 90 man MTT you can probably get away with 40BI, but for the larger ones i would say more like 150-250BI, but it also depends on how comfortable you are swimming with the fishes, its not always easy going against them

B

bernotas22

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
depends on the field size, if its a 90 man MTT you can probably get away with 40BI, but for the larger ones i would say more like 150-250BI, but it also depends on how comfortable you are swimming with the fishes, its not always easy going against them

i wanna take on the bigger fields 1-5k, with the big prizes near the end and have about 75 percent of my bankroll dedicated to these and the rest on heads up or cash games, is this a good idea? what do you think is most profitable? or does it depend on the person

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management