ty

S

sillymunchie

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you can play as mant MTTs as you like per day as long as its in the guideline
with a $400 you can play MTTs up to $4, however if your not a winning player yet then you may want to go as far as sticking to $1-$3 MTTs for a while

players that play for a living that cant afford to go broke stick to a 250x rule, however in general if you play it as a hobby then 100x the BI is a general rule of thumb

1ofTheFellas

1ofTheFellas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you can play as mant MTTs as you like per day as long as its in the guideline
with a $400 you can play MTTs up to $4, however if your not a winning player yet then you may want to go as far as sticking to $1-$3 MTTs for a while

players that play for a living that cant afford to go broke stick to a 250x rule, however in general if you play it as a hobby then 100x the BI is a general rule of thumb

I would agree with this, under the conditions that you have NO INTENTION of ever depositing again... There is a difference between your overall bankroll (amt of $ you forsee yourself investing in poker) and your online bankroll... I just feel this thinking is slightly flawwed if above poster plays through his 400 only playing $4 trnys, loses the money, then redeposits shortly after.

Thinker_145

Thinker_145

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Eh this entirely depends on the number of people in an MTT. I would say for a 30 player MTT its okay to have 30x the bankroll. If you end up losing all of it then it means you should not play this format of poker and should try something else.

Last edited:
sam1chips

sam1chips

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, the idea is to only buy in for 1% of your bankroll into MTTs (or have 100 buy-ins, in other words). If you still aren't winning though after a decent number of tourneys, it might not be a bad idea to take a little break, or even try playing cash games for a little while.

D

DragonReborn

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not a firm believer in BRM because it never seems to work for me...sticking to the "micro" online tourneys is just like playing a freeroll, so I tend to play $10+ games once I hit $20 or more...but that's just me, works better in my opinion cause the play is a lot better and have better shot at cashing in my opinion.

A

anthony c

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not a firm believer in BRM because it never seems to work for me...sticking to the "micro" online tourneys is just like playing a freeroll, so I tend to play $10+ games once I hit $20 or more...but that's just me, works better in my opinion cause the play is a lot better and have better shot at cashing in my opinion.

Really dragon u think its better playing $10+?
Is it like $10 tourneys 200 players + ??
At $10 tourneys are there some fish too?
What do u guys think of that i want to try how many bi should i have
Does anyone play at the $10 would it be profitable to do that??
and any tips playing the $10 tourneys on stars would be great plzzz guys im battling here
:tee:
thanks

Last edited:
Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management