advice on how to start playing sit n gos

R

ryan95

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i justed started out playing online poker,i just bought a book (sit n go strategy by collin mosham which i get within a week) and i deffinetly want to get good at sit n gos. deposited $25 few days ago, going to deposit another $25 on saturday but i was just wondering wat kind of levels should i be playing at. ive been playing abit of $1.50 9-man sng(turbo) but when i start depositing more money im going too follow br management.

C

cotta777

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i justed started out playing online poker,i just bought a book (sit n go strategy by collin mosham which i get within a week) and i deffinetly want to get good at sit n gos. deposited $25 few days ago, going to deposit another $25 on saturday but i was just wondering wat kind of levels should i be playing at. ive been playing abit of $1.50 9-man sng(turbo) but when i start depositing more money im going too follow br management.

just have fun and be controlled and try to observe other players look for mistakes or bad plays they make (you might wana read your book to determine good and bad)

p.s
if you dont wanna go broke play 10c and 25c Multi Table Tournaments on pokerstars - they are very very frequent

that gives you well over 100 buy ins and you wont have to worry about losing your cash (which will give you the experience you need)

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Start much smaller then you are and get into as many free rolls as you can to ,it will help with your expierence level,rome wasn't built in a day and winning big definitely wont happen for awhile,be happy to polish your game on your way to bigger and better tournaments and competition. GL!

R

ryders21

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
win&go

hi everyone, My question is how can I get tickets to the fulltiltre win&go??

Arjonius

Arjonius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Start at the lowest buyin level. If you find you're a winning player, you'll be able to move up before long. If you break even or lose, you will give yourself more time to improve your game while investing the least money you can.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
You're probably better off playing the 'regular' speed 9man's instead of the Turbos while starting out.
Stick to one format for awhile... & I'd suggest STT-SNG (9man).

Great book selection by the way.

steveiam

steveiam

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would stick to 9 man Sng non turbo to start with at the lowest buyins and build from there. Turbo's need a different strategy for standard speeds

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
You're probably better off playing the 'regular' speed 9man's instead of the Turbos while starting out.
Seeing as you are just starting out, the reason I suggested 'regular speed' games is because you'll have the oppurtunity for a bit more play in them in early levels before stacks are shallow.
In the turbos you'll need to brush up on shove/fold game & ICM considerations (perhaps a bit more so than the reg. speeds). You're also more apt to find more multi-tablers playing the Turbos (but at the lowest buyin levels it probably doesn't matter).

There's alot of common mistakes newer players make in SNG's & probably the biggest is playing too many hands. Watch the table closely... very often you'll find that the players who seem to be folding most of the time in early levels are the ones who seem to come alive as blinds increase.
For some others you might want to google-search "The mistakes low buyin Sng players are making the most" by Jennifear (< sng coach)
Also > Taking notes on your opponents will help you not only in future games vs. them but also can help you to become better at hand-reading/putting different player types on ranges & gaining an understanding of different playing styles & how to adjust to each.

gl

aa88wildbill

aa88wildbill

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I was you I wouldn't just play, sit n goes I would try some cash tables, micro level, penny any, nickel dime, because the cash tables will allow you to build your bankroll a lot faster.

Mr Sandbag

Mr Sandbag

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try $1 or $2 6-player SNGs. If the online poker room you use has them, you may want to give 6-player double-up SNGs a try. They are a good (but slow) way to build your bankroll and give you some experience without going broke ultra-quick.