Worse with Time

Princessa

Princessa

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Out of curiosity I'd like to know on average how much time people spend playing poker. It seems like the longer I play the worse I get as far as winning. And also how many games will you have going at one time. I feel that playing more than 1 table at a time doesn't allow for me to focus on what players are doing. Understanding my opponents, but does it matter for online? I feel as thought one can tell just by the way someone raises or folds what type of person they are. You get a better feeling and understanding of that persons strategy. But what do I know I am relatively a new player. I cash in most tournaments but after a few then it defeats the purpose of playing. And I was wondering if that's just me or typical.

crocoduck11

crocoduck11

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Out of curiosity I'd like to know on average how much time people spend playing poker. It seems like the longer I play the worse I get as far as winning. And also how many games will you have going at one time. I feel that playing more than 1 table at a time doesn't allow for me to focus on what players are doing. Understanding my opponents, but does it matter for online? I feel as thought one can tell just by the way someone raises or folds what type of person they are. You get a better feeling and understanding of that persons strategy. But what do I know I am relatively a new player. I cash in most tournaments but after a few then it defeats the purpose of playing. And I was wondering if that's just me or typical.

I am the complete opposite
Today I got 13 $ or so on a site and went on to donk them by 3-5 tabling (still doing it as I write this ) and now, about 3 hours later I guess (???) I am about breakeven (actually won like 1-2 $) and that's because someone got a VERY unlucky draw on me (I think he had like 20% ) and I donked some hands (pretty big ) just to see what the other guy has.
That being said the MORE tables I play the less tempted I am to raise/call with retarded hands and want to see my opponent's cards. If I can't focus on a single villain (2nl ) I WILL only play good cards and call if I have something on the flop (depending how much they ask for I will fold if I only have like top pair ).
When I one table things can move SLOW and I can get unlcuky at said table (out of 5-6 tables now I have one such table ) and I am pretty sure I start to tilt and things just go bad
Even now I make donk calls every now and then but I suspect that is because I have way too much time between all the tables. If I played like 10-12 or something like that I am pretty sure I'd play much better
Anyway,since this just started today it may be pure luck driving me so I will have to try again the next few days and see what happens

taban13

taban13

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can play at the same time 6-7 tables but comfortable dlâmenâ somewhere around 4. Depending on the tournament game is 2-3 hours. If the money then go far away 4-5 hours.

micalupagoo

micalupagoo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

usually some to many hours a day playing
I prefer at least a few tables, it keeps you playing mediocre hands/getting bored

you said "I feel as thought one can tell just by the way someone raises or folds what type of person they are"
not sure what that means, but careful changing your play cuz you 'think' you have someone figured out, may bite you in the A$$
also you cash in most tournaments???but it defeats the purpose of playing???
are you playing freerolls, small buyins or...

zarzar78

zarzar78

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
4 table with an average of 3 hours two times a day, either i will be so tired and i will make much more mistakes.
For tournaments, i will focus on no more than 2 on the same time, cause the oppenements changes frequently so i need to focus more on their play-style

crocoduck11

crocoduck11

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
usually some to many hours a day playing
I prefer at least a few tables, it keeps you playing mediocre hands/getting bored

you said "I feel as thought one can tell just by the way someone raises or folds what type of person they are"
not sure what that means, but careful changing your play cuz you 'think' you have someone figured out, may bite you in the A$$
also you cash in most tournaments???but it defeats the purpose of playing???
are you playing freerolls, small buyins or...

Agreed so much here, when I one table I try to adjust my play/get scared by those with nitty stats but on that new sites poker tracker doesn't work and I treat everyone as equals and if I hit the board there's no fear, I am going to take as much as I can

alext9000

alext9000

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think playin many tables at the same time..would be a little hard because u don t pay attention to the game that your opponents do and will lose track of things..but some people can play like they are only at one table..so I don t know how they do it..
I guess I could play too but my notebook screen is little and I have to resize tables too much and this affects my point of view..

sj_pi

sj_pi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you're getting worse with time, then it means you gotta:
- reduce the number of tables if you are multi-tabling
- reduce your play to lower than the current buy-in tier
- spend 1/3rd of your poker time reviewing hands

skiptomyloot

skiptomyloot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
play to what suits you best. Other people have different endurance and trained themselves to play longer. If you find it hard to play and you see that you are losing, it might be from being fatigue and mentally exhausted. Do you start playing really bad hands that you normally won't. Your brain is also a muscle, so it needs time to relax, just like people who go to the gym. The more bad hands the more bad beats and so on...variance kicks in and you find yourself on tilt. Btw, i need to start listening to myself.. lol. What i found works for me is going biking. Recently i was able to play through tournaments when i started biking again and i started becoming more patient and calm. hopefully you can get some excercise in or do some breathing with zen.

razshahan

razshahan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i can play for a long time but can't play more than 2 hours. also playing zoom with SnG causes me a lot of troubles. But i can play for 12 hours without any problem :D

C

cotta777

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I play worse multi tabling 2-3 tables is my comfort zone
if im playing 4-6 I lost focus on specifics and just start playing my hands,

you produce your best when your fresh if you mean you get worse later in the day.

I usually get deep in big Mtts its unusual if im not in the top 200 from like 3,000+
this then effects me for several reasons.
1 im gutted for missing out on a big cash
2. ive been playing too long

Jollocks

Jollocks

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How long you play and how many tables is down to each individual player. For me, 6-9 tables is about optimal, where I can still make solid poker decisions. Anything over 9, I tend to lose it a bit, and I feel rushed into making a decision. I normally play for about 2 hours. However, you should find your own optimal session length and amount of tables. Remember, adding tables is a great way to make money fast, but is also a great way to lose money fast.