Whats Your Strategy in Freerolls

AlexandriaVP

AlexandriaVP

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How do you deal with that player that goes all-in preflop every hand, or that those players that chase every hand to the river.

xastaria

xastaria

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Free rolls are not easy to play because my friend no body cares in the begin everybody al in,they play well when only are in the money!you must hold and in early stages you should play on your best hands,because nobody folds do not bluff.
TRY TO WIN TICKETS FROM poker stars AND PLAY WEEKLY ROUND 2.
In these (free)games you must be very lucky so good luck!!!!!

T

tfree93

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Player 1- Bingo Playing: early on willing to go all in with very wide range of hands typically trying to double up early. easy to spot bets nearly all in every time they enter the pot.
If you have position and they throw down answer with premium hands and depending on your relative amount of risk: possibly call with A-QJ10. Don't call/bet unless you want play for all the marbles. This is where bad beats will happen often.

Player 2- Calling station: typically will call and play many hands until the river. If he is aggresive, be careful he is probably willing to bet most of his chips to see the river. If passive: raise him in position and he will pay you. DO NOT BLUFF.
Position is still everything except now you can be willing to play a wide variety of hands in position against this person. Careful too many raises may make him change play style. My favorite type of player in MTT freerolls.

Last edited:
freeringo

freeringo

2019-20-21 League Champs
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
How do you deal with that player that goes all-in preflop every hand, or that those players that chase every hand to the river.

Learn to trust your instincts
Never second guess yourself
No Fear

B

bbiase

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You'll see yourself playing push-fold most of the tournament. So you gotta be selective, play only the hands you'd go all in with, because that's where they'll drag you. Have spartan discipline post-flop. You'll get tons of multi-way action with guys ready to give up their whole stack for the showdown holding total trash. So the early round strategy is to be selective on the hands and positions you play, and be disciplined post flop, betting only for value (no floats, no semi bluffs, no double barrelling).

Game is more civilized on later rounds where the blinds are deep and most of the bingo players are out. You can play your normal short stack strategy. If the gods of poker bless you and you're big stacked, don't overplay your stack, because you're probably not too deep (50+ BB) even though your stack is big.

Last edited:
Sigma5736

Sigma5736

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
FreeRolls are simply learning curves.
Use them to help profile players, and playing styles. When the time is right, you'll
realize how to deal with those players. Your game Will improve, but it will take time, and LOTS of Discipline.

BogdanStark

BogdanStark

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Luck, luck and luck again. Off course I mean only first levels. You need to have strong hand to play with it. Each new level you can to rebuild your game type. Try to play suited cards, take dro and something more. At the Bable concentrate on little stack players. Try to play only with them.

akyurukov

akyurukov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Be patient and play only big hands for big pots.When you have a hand DO NOT CHECK BET and it better be big(compared to the pot)

shanebob123

shanebob123

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I watch the table and determine what type of players im up against. Most will go all in h opeing to get lucky. Play premium hands in late position. Avoid going all in prefloP while in early position. Narrow the field and collect the pot.And feed on the desperate short stacks.

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only shove top range when early blinds, when start middle stage already playing normal game.

YOSEF19888

YOSEF19888

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It Lucky Game of
Stop thinking too much luck = 85% hunch = 10% Brain5%

F

Fussy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Go all in and double up, that is my strategy, i dont usually like spending alot of time playing freerolls but every once in a while i do , but when i play i dont see them as worth too much so that greatly affect my game play

AlexandriaVP

AlexandriaVP

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been watching alot of training video and "listening" to alot of talk on the forum. The advice i see the most is pick your spots, only play top end holdings early on and avoid calling an all-in (unless you have a premium holding) also limp unless you have a preimium holding and don't limp in early because %75 of the time you will be raised and lastly the disipline, i've seen PRO's folding hands like 10-10 or Q-Jo(or suited even) preflop with only a 3x raise funny enough I think that all the skill you need comes with EXPERIENCE its not about one particular thing you have to get a FEEL for the MTT freeroll or otherwise

almanik

almanik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's very simply. You need to wait good hand and make a call. If you lose - it's not you day.
My personal strategy in freerolls is to try get big stack on early stages of the tournament and after that caching good card to save it. Than's all. ))

S

sup3rh0t

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with almanik - wait good hand and make a call sometimes is a good strategy. But in freerolls your good hand as AK is very often beated by the donk who goes all-in with 2 3 for example and hits a straight :D
Sometimes my strategy in freerolls is to go donky and go all-in every hand - just lotto :D

AlexandriaVP

AlexandriaVP

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol almanik has it right for sure you have to sit and wait. Just pick your spots and take'em out when you can

shanebob123

shanebob123

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've hit top five in two free rolls this past week. I personally feed off the ones trying to get lucky and go all in. At the beginning their are alot. So I wait for a premium pair and when they all in, I call. Sometimes get a bad beat but most of the time I double up. Then when I get a good stack. I stay patient and trap. People like to be aggressive in these tournaments. They hit a pair and think they won the hand. So I let them feed my stack.

Marrzbarr619

Marrzbarr619

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i would like to know more also

im very good when it comes to playing in person butr online seems like a total differnt beast any advice?

P

pokervike

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lots and lots of swearing! Maybe some booze and a freezer pizza in the oven!

joking aside. Take the freeroll as a means to work on several skill sets for when the money does matter! Ranging, pot sizing, finding the village idiot plus many many chances to ask yourself the ultimate question in a MTT, "do I want to risk my entire tournament on this hand?" I think if you find yourself working on your game and less worried about winning or getting ITM you will remember why these skills are important to exercise at third break. Much more often than 'how to beat a freeroll' anyway. Take pride in your efforts. All fruit grow from seeds!

_xrolex_90

_xrolex_90

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well firstly you should not be playing trash cards.Also you have to watch the other players and understand who is who. Some of them will calling station, that will go to the showdown without having matches on the board or with a small pair.Some of them will maniacs who will go all in with marginal hands like jacks and 10.Perhaps at the table will also be normal players,although it is rare for the freerolls.In general, wait a couple of laps good cards, and then having information on their opponents will be able to play normal.So good luck:)

T

The3GWay

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Free rolls are 90% luck. Just don't get mad if you have a bad beat. Believe, you will have a lot of those in free rolls.

cjmoles

cjmoles

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm a Freeroll Troll! The way to play freerolls is to enroll in as many as possible and play super aggressive at first. When you bink out early and catch a big lead in one, kick back, nit up, and let the field of maniac pushers die. Then play ABC poker once the field is reduced!

Freeroll Passwords