What type of Poker Game Should I Try first?

Which Game Should I Learn First

• Cash Game

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Tournaments

• Sit and Gos

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pokerstars Spin and Gos

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
kavlana888

kavlana888

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hmm I was trying to add a poll but I can't figure out how to make it work.:(

I was gonna ask:

Cash Game
Tournaments
Sit and Gos
pokerstars spin and go?

I feel like the spin and go's will be the best game to start out at to get a feel for the game and they sound like they go fast so I can play lots of them gaining a lot of experience quickly. what do you guys think?

kavlana888

kavlana888

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ohh!!!!!!!!!!! i figured out how to do the poll, it had me have to wait and then it showed up after i hit submit!!!!! I'm feeling as happy as a sandboy!!! :)

AlfieAA

AlfieAA

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
what type of game interests you the most?

if you like the idea of playing tournaments, then try some freerolls or micro buy ins. 25c 45/90/180mans...and if you stick around here long enough and get your post count up, you will qualify for the cardschat freerolls which run everyday everyweek on different sites. its a good way to build yer poker roll.

and if you like the idea of playing cash games, then try 2nl NLHE...Thats the lowest buy in you can get and where everyone starts...see if you can climb through the levels using good bankroll management...

but i prob wouldnt worry about BRM at this stage, instead just playing to learn...you might have to deposit a few times but thats ok, its normal. but dont deposit then hit bigger buy in tables, coz that will cost ye a fortune..stick with the micros.

ive never heard of the 'spin and go' games, but i dont think it would be great for learning the game. I think you would be better finding a slower game and learning on 1 table...learn the fundementals first then try the promotion type games..have a look for hand charts online for the game/type you choose and learn odds and outs...can find all that stuff here or everywhere else...if ye cant be arsed reading all this stuff then fire up youtube...gl picking your game ;)

kavlana888

kavlana888

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
THANKS SO MUCH Alfie that sounds just splendid! And your thingy says "elite" so I am going to follow your advice ALL THE WAY TO THE TOP...or bottom whichever you fancy! ;)

-Isabella

Mase31683

Mase31683

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
imo it's cash games or nothing. Good cash game players can do fine in tournaments if they want, but most tournament players go busto in the ring games...just sayin

J

joe777

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would still prefer cash games over MTTs just because of the variances.Anyway it is up to yourself to find out which of those games that really suits your style of play.

B

bluejay2220

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
imo it's cash games or nothing. Good cash game players can do fine in tournaments if they want, but most tournament players go busto in the ring games...just sayin

True statement. Plus with tournament games you have to deal with duration.

Top 10 Games